New - Cowon Plenue S
Feb 8, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #886 of 1,158
S balanced and its dock is nice.

$2'300+ for a base station without even a remote sounds like a bit of ripoff to me...

Feb 14, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #891 of 1,158
If the screen is frozen - it is a problem. Will no longer be connected to the computer and to change the firmware.
I got a problem when I tried to downgrade the firmware to the previous 1.11. I had to return the player to the seller in Korea. Repaired for 2 days, but did not specify the reason. I got a clean player with the latest firmware. If the problem with lowering the firmware exists, it is strange that they do not talk about it!
I noticed another problem. Albums loaded in the player's memory, see all the list, in portrait (vertical) position of the player. But if you turn the player in a horizontal position (to display the thumbnails), then part of the album is not visible at all! I do not know what it is connected, I will try to understand.

Feb 14, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #893 of 1,158
Had bad experience with latest firmware 1.11
There's volume limited till 100
If you downgrade to 1.10 you get screen look
My advice for you go with 1.10 as the most stable firmware

Oh, i already upgraded to 1.11 cause it was the only fw posted. Lemme check max output later.

My trouble on the frozen screen isn't happening anymore. Where i had to press the power button (not power off) to close the screen and then press the power button to get it to respond.

Feb 15, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #897 of 1,158
  me to was run till 140 but after 100 no changes in volume
want to ask you if you get a pop up warning about hearing buy loud volume for along time and you have agree by cleecing ok?

I have just tested my Plenue S (Firmware 1.11) with a 600 ohm load, and the volume works perfectly as before, all the way up to 140.
I don't get any message about loud volumes etc.

Feb 15, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #899 of 1,158
  me to was run till 140 but after 100 no changes in volume

I know this is a long shot, but maybe your cable is faulty?

If the cable is shorted for some reason (e.g. using an unbalanced cable in the balanced socket) then the output will clip out (effectively a 0 ohm) and reach an upper volume ceiling before the number reaches 140.

Otherwise I can't think of any reason aside from the unit/firmware being broken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back