NEW CORDA HEADFIVE: A New Amp to Celebrate Head-Fi's Fifth Anniversary!
Jun 23, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #466 of 805
Mine was shipped on the 14th and i still dont have it
frown.gif

*EDIT* Just checked my other flat and seems Jahn has got confused with my shipping address, either that or it was me
wink.gif

Ill be down that post office in the morning waiting for it to open.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 24, 2006 at 8:39 AM Post #467 of 805
They came to my house wdnesday, thursday and yesterday but since I was at work it's in the depo waiting for me to take half a day of so I can go and get it
frown.gif
that sucks, dutch postal service is open on saturday, but the DHL office isn't.
Oh well, I got my cable today; thanks Jan!

Jun 24, 2006 at 9:39 AM Post #468 of 805
How many units do you still have to build and ship, Jan (I'm trying to figure out the current lead time)?

Jun 24, 2006 at 3:54 PM Post #470 of 805
Jan, and others, with Corda HeadFIVE which Beyerdynamic DT-770
headphones would you recommend, 250 ohm or 32 ohm??

I'd like to buy one of these Bayerdynamic headphones from you, so I'd
really appreciate your opinion on this question. Might help othes too...
And if you didn't yet try it, could you please?

And if someone else tested how low and high impendance headphones
work on HighFIVE please let us know....

Jun 24, 2006 at 5:40 PM Post #471 of 805
Picked mine up today
smily_headphones1.gif
. That blue LED sure is bright.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander
Another question for Jan: do you recommend keeping the unit on 24/7 or is it preferrable to switch it off when not in use at nights?

It is advised in the instructions to not keep the amp on 24/7.

Jun 24, 2006 at 5:54 PM Post #472 of 805
Dear Headfellows,

> How many units do you still have to build and ship

Amp have all been build already (externally). They just have to be checked.

Right now, the lead-time after paying is 1..2 days for shipping so delays are really very minimal.

220 Amps were shipped (in two weeks, Pfffhhhh.....).

Around 80 amps were made a reservation for. There are still 200 amplifiers available.

> do you recommend keeping the unit on 24/7 or is it preferrable to switch it off when not in use at nights?

I personally switch my equipment always off. Better for my energy bill. Solid state amplifiers hardly have a warming up period.

Apart from a decent break-in (150 hours) I so no need to keep the amplifier On all the time.

> which Beyerdynamic DT-770 headphones would you recommend, 250 ohm or 32 ohm??

Neither of them. To be honest I'm not a big fan of the DT770.

However, both the 250 Ohm and 32 Ohm versions sound surprisingly similar.

Cheers

Jan

Jun 24, 2006 at 6:00 PM Post #473 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
How many units do you still have to build and ship, Jan (I'm trying to figure out the current lead time)?

He has already had them all built and delivered to his office. It shouldn't be too long, since I sent payment Fri. the 16th and mine shipped Monday. All he needs to do is unpack, test, repack, and ship.
biggrin.gif

Edit: I have just recieved word that my headfive has arrived and my dad is bringing it over!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jun 24, 2006 at 7:17 PM Post #474 of 805
So, the HeadFives are ready to ship and if I'm interested I should just send Jan the money and not expect to have to wait a long time for it to ship? How long did it take for most of your guys' amps to arrive after shipping (I'm in California, if that helps)? Does Jan offer faster shipping methods (Or would they complicate things since he probably ships these things out in huge groups?)?

Jun 24, 2006 at 7:57 PM Post #475 of 805
Quote:

So, the HeadFives are ready to ship and if I'm interested I should just send Jan the money and not expect to have to wait a long time for it to ship? How long did it take for most of your guys' amps to arrive after shipping (I'm in California, if that helps)? Does Jan offer faster shipping methods (Or would they complicate things since he probably ships these things out in huge groups?)?

It took 7 days from Germany to Florida if that helps you any in your decision...

Jun 24, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #476 of 805
I didn't think the 2006 DT770/32 was the best match for the Headfive. It sounded good, but it sounds better on the Aria to me (and of course on the HA-2 II/SE). And I am a DT770 fanboy.

The warmer nature of the Headfive has made it a better match for the Sennheisers I tried it with (HD595 and HD600).

Jun 25, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #478 of 805
It took mine 4 days to get to Los Angeles.

Quote:

Jun 25, 2006 at 12:47 PM Post #479 of 805
Thanks for your reply Jan and skylab....

Well, I already have Sennheiser HD-600 and Westone UM2.

The reason I am considering to buy Beyerdynamic DT-770 is that I'd like to have quality closed headphones to listen to them at nights (HD-600 is bothering my gf when she goes to sleep next door), and while UM2 'sing' pretty good they are not comfortable to use for hours...

Also, I've got DT-770 250 ohm in test (just listening to Peter Gabriel's OVO which sounds great with them; M-Audio Transit as source for now - lacking "juice"-volume though) and I quite like their bass -- which is great for movies too... Well, I cannot get hold of 32 ohm to compare it for myself...

Though if I do go with 32 ohm version of DT-770 I could use them with my PocketPC directly.... but since I am using UM2 when I am on the go, then I can still simply put HeadFIVE in between of PocketPC and DT-770 when listening to them at home...

Sorry for a bit off topic questions.... just making sure I'll get the "right" ones.

To make a more "on topic" question let me ask this:

How's HeadFIVE liking sources like PocketPCs and portable MP3 players?
(esp those which don't have dedicated line-out, so I'll have to use headphone-out)

Jun 25, 2006 at 12:57 PM Post #480 of 805
I was researching forums a bit, seem those who had the chance to try all three DT-770 models (300, 80 & 32 ohm) prefer 80 ohm best.... Jan, you still selling 80 ohm models? (This looks also like a good compromise to use them both directly from portable MP3 players and via HeadFIVE, right?)

Skylab, I saw you've tried all three versions of DT-770, so would you recommend me to go with 80ohm or 250ohm to be driven by HeadFIVE?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back