NEW CORDA HEADFIVE: A New Amp to Celebrate Head-Fi's Fifth Anniversary!
Apr 4, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #91 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb
Hrmmm that dampens my mood a bit
frown.gif
I just worked 14 hour day (overtime) trying to save up for this amp and now power cord
confused.gif
I saw the above mentioned link, I can not afford to spend another 76 dollars on a power cord.

Anyone else have cheaper solutions?

Thanks in advance.....

Get a cheap one from any electronics supplier. Most common place would be Radioshack, for very cheap. I think only the most highend systems could possibly show a real difference between power cords. But that is just my opinion.

Apr 4, 2006 at 3:40 AM Post #92 of 805
spending that much doesn't make me happy...i wonder if we'd find a cheaper solution if everyone could agree on a group buy on the cord..... that may solve some problems

Apr 4, 2006 at 3:45 AM Post #94 of 805
Ok keep in mind I just got done working 14 hours 130 calls from angry merchants that can not get there credit card terminals working, and stupid daylight savings time not auto updating on there machines like it should of...

Ok with that said I hope the stupidy of this question makes sense, what kind of cable am I looking for?
confused.gif
LOL is it just a generic PC power cord, or is it a specific audio grade cable that I am looking for...

Apr 4, 2006 at 3:52 AM Post #96 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb
Ok keep in mind I just got done working 14 hours 130 calls from angry merchants that can not get there credit card terminals working, and stupid daylight savings time not auto updating on there machines like it should of...

Ok with that said I hope the stupidy of this question makes sense, what kind of cable am I looking for?
confused.gif
LOL is it just a generic PC power cord, or is it a specific audio grade cable that I am looking for...

Exactly, I'm going to use one from old pc that I have laying around.

Apr 4, 2006 at 4:12 AM Post #99 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by solbergg
Exactly, I'm going to use one from old pc that I have laying around.

Heh that's what I figured, I mean if it is good enough to handle my 500 watt Power Supply in my pc, I am sure it would be sufficent for say a headphone amp that is only pulling 3 watts
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2006 at 6:25 AM Post #100 of 805
Hehehe.... Just made a reservation!
very_evil_smiley.gif
Didn't know that Jan was also Dutch! (Although I should've guessed from his name!
rolleyes.gif
) His site is based in Germany, right?

Now all I have to do till July is wait... And try to score a HF-1!!
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2006 at 7:39 AM Post #101 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Meier
Dear Headfellows,

- People are not obliged to pay immediately. They may well wait till shortly before the amps are shipped. However, be aware that the amps will be shipped in order of paying, not in order of reservation!

Jan

Hooray
biggrin.gif
, thanks Jan. I thought I wouldn't be able to purchase one since I just bought a couple of headphones. Amp #442 reserved.

Apr 4, 2006 at 7:46 AM Post #102 of 805
Do you guys think this amp will be an upgrade from the Antique Sound Labs MG Head 32? I'm using the HD650's.

Thanks and I was able to get in line. Woo Hoo

Apr 4, 2006 at 8:04 AM Post #103 of 805
Dear Headfellows,

In all honesty, do you guys really think that I would have added an expensive audiophile powercord to the amp? If at all, it would have been a simple $ 2,- computer grade cable! To spend $ 15,- extra in shipping costs just to add such a cable would not be very wise and most people have such a powercord lying around any way! Remember, this is a low-profit project!

Meanwhile the list of reservations is growing rapidly. On average 10 people are added to the list every day. If it continues like this all amps will be "gone" by the beginning of Mai. Therefore do not hesitate too much if you really like to join.

Cheers

Jan

Apr 4, 2006 at 10:25 AM Post #104 of 805
Reserved myself an amp as well, but didn't bother to pick a specific number.

This will be the first headphone amp I've ever owned, so I'm quite anxious to hear what kind of a difference it will make. Currently I run my Beyerdynamic DT-880s through my Harman/Kardon HK970s headphone socket.

This will also be the first piece of equipment I have that has a detachable powercord. Thus I can finally see if those Hi-Fi powercords really make a difference. At the same time I think it's a good piece of equipment to test the differences between interconnects.

All in all I can't wait to get my hands on that amp...

Apr 4, 2006 at 10:59 AM Post #105 of 805
took the plunge and asked for one to be reserved for me. waiting for someone with loads of free time to come up with a list of numbers already taken
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back