NEW CORDA HEADFIVE: A New Amp to Celebrate Head-Fi's Fifth Anniversary!
Apr 3, 2006 at 4:14 AM Post #76 of 805
Email Sent
580smile.gif
hope to get some grado synergy as well with this amp.

Thanks Jan

Apr 3, 2006 at 7:15 AM Post #77 of 805
Hi everyone,

My first ever post and I thought no better way to join the forum than get in on this purchase. However, since someone posted that they purchased #500 is it safe to assume that no more amps are left?

My current setup:

Senn. HD650 w/ Cardas cables
ASL MG Head 32 OTL Amp
AMC Cd8b cd player

Congrats to all who got in their reservation.

Apr 3, 2006 at 7:29 AM Post #78 of 805
Jon- yes, this would be a great place to start. No one here (except Dr. Meier) has heard the Headfive yet, but judging by his track record, it should sound terrific. His crossfeed circuit is excellent,too. This is an excellent point of entry.

Senn650fan- as far as I know, there are plenty of reservations left. When you make a reservation, you can request a particular serial number if you want one. #500 is taken, but there should be at least a few hundred left.

Apr 3, 2006 at 1:50 PM Post #81 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik
Jon- yes, this would be a great place to start. No one here (except Dr. Meier) has heard the Headfive yet, but judging by his track record, it should sound terrific. His crossfeed circuit is excellent,too. This is an excellent point of entry.

Ok good to hear, thanks. It's at least reassuring since I had already sent an email on impulse.
icon10.gif

Apr 3, 2006 at 6:10 PM Post #82 of 805
Dear Headfellows,

Just a few notes that I would like to add.

- People are not obliged to pay immediately. They may well wait till shortly before the amps are shipped. However, be aware that the amps will be shipped in order of paying, not in order of reservation! Checking and shipping 500 amps is not something that is done in one or two days. It willtake me at least a few weeks. Therefore, the sooner you pay, the sooner will you receive your new toy! It will also help me if you pay quickly. When the amps have arrived I will be a very bussy person and to handle any payments that are send then will just be an extra burden. I have more time now.

- Amps will be shipped without powercord. Foureign powercords are very expensive over here and the extra weight would also push the weight of the parcels over the limit of 1 kg. Below this limit I have access to a much cheaper shipping (and even faster) mode. The savings add up to around € 20,- on each parcel! Given the fact that this is a low-profit project I’m sure you will understand. Most people have enough powercords lying around anyway.

I’ve given the prototype amps some 50 hours of break-in over the last few days and I’m very positively surprised. The treble has gained more detail and I feel this is a most satisfying amplifier indeed. People who will attend the big national meet in NY will be able to hear for themselves. I just send a prototype to Jude.

Cheers

Jan

Apr 3, 2006 at 6:14 PM Post #83 of 805
Dope..... and i thought i got an email saying the cord would be included.....
confused.gif

in any case: anyone know a good powercord to use with this thing? (that doens't cost alot of money)

Apr 3, 2006 at 6:33 PM Post #85 of 805
Apr 3, 2006 at 7:39 PM Post #88 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Meier
- Amps will be shipped without powercord.

I think this is a good example. All those stock powercords that stack up after some time in this hobby is a big environmental waste!

Apr 3, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #89 of 805
email sent
smily_headphones1.gif
)))can't wait for the amp..this is going to my first home amp..I hope would be great
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Apr 4, 2006 at 3:34 AM Post #90 of 805
Hrmmm that dampens my mood a bit
frown.gif
I just worked 14 hour day (overtime) trying to save up for this amp and now no power cord
confused.gif
I saw the above mentioned link, I can not afford to spend another 76 dollars on a power cord. I am still very excited about the project and getting in on a great amp, just don't want to have to fork out allot of money for a power cord..

Anyone else have cheaper solutions?

Thanks in advance.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back