NEW COMPUTER
Nov 17, 2001 at 5:49 PM Post #91 of 95
Yes those would be them. They are defiantely not oriented towards the quiet approach to cooling. High density fins need lots of air to work to their full potential.

It's only like 30 bucks w/ a fan too.
Check out .dynatron.com for info on the heatsink.

I dont have any samples or waves of my comp. And I probably wont ever put those fans back in there

Nov 23, 2001 at 8:58 AM Post #94 of 95
hmmmm...hadn't thought about that. What about cable (like AT&T)? I've heard that's pretty good and certainly blows dial-up away. I guess it also depends on how many other people on your block have it...too many users chokes up the bandwidth. I've also heard that there's some very fast satellite connections. I'm very close to the IP C.O. My employer pays for my connection since I work virtual (out of my house). It's wonderful to be able to download a 5 MB file in about 75 seconds with a T-1 connection. Anyway, it sounds like you are building a nice machine and maybe someday you can get a fast connection. Best of luck...

Nov 23, 2001 at 6:07 PM Post #95 of 95
If you can't get cable internet (or it's too slow), you can try two-way satellite. I forget which companies offer it, but it uses your sat dish to both send and recieve, eliminating the dial-up connection for uploading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back