New Comply™ Foam Tips Compatibility Update!
Oct 6, 2010 at 4:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

BeckyS

New Head-Fier
Hey Head-fi'ers!

New earphone models have been tested and approved for use with our Comply™ Foam Tips! Check out our most recent compatibility chart posted below.
Your earphone not on the list? Let us know which hot new models you want tested and we'll get them in the queue!

-Becky
ksc75smile.gif

moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png
moz-screenshot-3.png
moz-screenshot-4.png
moz-screenshot-5.png
moz-screenshot-6.png
moz-screenshot-7.png
moz-screenshot-8.png
moz-screenshot-9.png
moz-screenshot-10.png
moz-screenshot-11.png
moz-screenshot-24.png
moz-screenshot-12.png
moz-screenshot-13.png
moz-screenshot-14.png
moz-screenshot-15.png
moz-screenshot-16.png
moz-screenshot-17.png
moz-screenshot-18.png
moz-screenshot-19.png
moz-screenshot-20.png
moz-screenshot-21.png
moz-screenshot-22.png
moz-screenshot-23.png

moz-screenshot.png

Oct 6, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #2 of 22
O WOW that's great.  Many thanks for making the spreadsheet.  Nice to know one type Comply fits my Etymotics and Westone.

Oct 6, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #4 of 22
I use the t400 on my meelectronics m6 and they fit quite well, if just a tiny bit loose.  Someone in the "post pics of your portable rig" thread had comply's on his m6 and said that the recommended t500 are too big.  

Oct 7, 2010 at 10:02 AM Post #6 of 22
Why no official support for the Audio Technica CK10's?  They're a popular enough IEM, I'm surprised you don't have anything listed for them.

Oct 7, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #8 of 22

Quote:
I use the t400 on my meelectronics m6 and they fit quite well, if just a tiny bit loose.  Someone in the "post pics of your portable rig" thread had comply's on his m6 and said that the recommended t500 are too big.  

Our engineers have a rigorous testing process and everything that is listed as approved has met their specific requirements for friction, retention, etc...Differences in sound port length, diameter, material, etc...change how and which tips fit.

We wouldn't want any "loose" fitting tips to come off the device while listening.
etysmile.gif

Oct 8, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #12 of 22
One thing you missed out Comply:

-Sony MDR-EX 300
-Sony MDR-EX 500
-Sony MDR-EX 700

I can confirm that the T-400 and the Tx-400 range work with these models.
Comply, used to have the EX300's on their site, and later removed it.

When i saw the EX300's a year ago on the comply site i presumed the EX500's would also fit, they rightfully did.
Now i own the EX700's as well, and the T-400's and Tx-400's work perfectly with all 3 models.

So, if you could, add that on the list please.
Or at least explain why those models aren't listed there?

Another thing:
The Sennheiser's drivers for the IE8's are slightly wider.
They enlarge the T-400's. By that i mean they expand the hole meaning the T-400's become loose on any other phones, if you switch between tips.
So be warned before installing them on the IE8's....They are also very hard to attach and detach form the IE8's.

Thanks,
Dubbed

Oct 8, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #13 of 22
Quote:
Why are there no 300s?

Quote:
Good question! The model numbers meaning 100,200,400,500 are loosely based on the core size. No earphones on the market have yet necessitated the creation of 300 model.

Quote:
PL30 but no support for the PL50? Where is the love...?

Quote:
We tried to show the PL50 love but when it was tested it did not meet the requirements for use with any of our current Comply™ Foam Tip models...

Quote:
Why no official support for the Audio Technica CK10's?  They're a popular enough IEM, I'm surprised you don't have anything listed for them.

Quote:
 We tested both the CK9 and CK10 and unfortunately the design of the sound port is not compatible with any of our tips.

hmmm, it sounds like there may be reasons to create a 300 series, eh!
ksc75smile.gif
wink.gif

nice, and very useful, chart, btw. is there a link to a web page where it's larger, and hence more legible. tia!

Oct 8, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #14 of 22

Quote:

Uh oh.. I just ordered T500's for my M6 about an hour ago...

Quote:
Our engineers have a rigorous testing process and everything that is listed as approved has met their specific requirements for friction, retention, etc...Differences in sound port length, diameter, material, etc...change how and which tips fit.

We wouldn't want any "loose" fitting tips to come off the device while listening.
etysmile.gif

Oh Becky, I hope that's true...  Otherwise I'll have no use for the T500's.  I'll post my thoughts once I receive them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back