New Cmoy 2.02 - what's the putty?
Oct 22, 2010 at 10:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SobriquetLA

New Head-Fier
After reading through Head-Fi, I ordered a Cmoy v2.02 - my first headphone amp.  I've seen some sort of putty that you guys are using to keep your DAP and amp together.  What is it and where can I find it? 

I'm going to be using an iPhone 3GS --> Fiio L3 line out cable ---> JDS Labs Cmoy v2.02 ----> (Etymotic HF3 or Grado SR-80) and would like to keep everything together neatly.  The amp should be here early next week.  Thanks!!

Oct 22, 2010 at 10:42 AM Post #2 of 4
Well, you can use BluTack for that purpose but honestly, I wouldn't recommend it in the long run. Your best bet is probably to stop by your local hardware store and see if they have any self adhesive Velcro strips that you can stick to the CMoy and your iPod.

Oct 22, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
Well, you can use BluTack for that purpose but honestly, I wouldn't recommend it in the long run. Your best bet is probably to stop by your local hardware store and see if they have any self adhesive Velcro strips that you can stick to the CMoy and your iPod.

I didn't think of that.  That sounds like an excellent idea - I'll do that.  Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back