New Cincinnati Feb 25th meet thread
Feb 20, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #17 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
how do you like it? i've heard very good things. and very bad things.
smily_headphones1.gif

I really enjoy the JPN, it's kind of hard to describe other than saying it's got a ton of warmth and coloration. It's a wonderful headphone to listen to when you just want to zone out and submerse yourself in the music as opposed to the W5000 which is so detailed that it seems to keep you paying attention throughout the listening experience. I'm not sure if I've really been able to come up with the words to describe it but luckily you'll be able to listen to it for yourself and see if you can do a better job describing than I have.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 20, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #18 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
nmculbreth, I have some new tube types for the Singlepowers and I will be bringing adapters if you are ready to roll.
icon10.gif

I can do the 6cg7/ 6bl7gt/ 6bx7gt/ 7af7/ 7n7/ ..... 12 volt tubes like the 12sn7/ 14af7/ 14n7/ .... plus the 5687's and the two new tube types.

Definately, I'm always down for a little tube rolling.
icon10.gif

Feb 20, 2006 at 5:00 AM Post #21 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by nmculbreth
I really enjoy the JPN, it's kind of hard to describe other than saying it's got a ton of warmth and coloration. It's a wonderful headphone to listen to when you just want to zone out and submerse yourself in the music as opposed to the W5000 which is so detailed that it seems to keep you paying attention throughout the listening experience. I'm not sure if I've really been able to come up with the words to describe it but luckily you'll be able to listen to it for yourself and see if you can do a better job describing than I have.
smily_headphones1.gif

i really look forward to hearing them
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 20, 2006 at 3:27 PM Post #22 of 58
I'll be there early, for a bit. I'll bring the Prehead and a source of some sort.

The first post says that I'm bringing the SA5000, modded CD3000, and A900. I want to confirm that the people who wanted me to bring these three headphones are still coming, otherwise I might change it a bit. So let me know.

Thanks.

Feb 20, 2006 at 3:35 PM Post #23 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by acs236
I'll be there early, for a bit. I'll bring the Prehead and a source of some sort.

The first post says that I'm bringing the SA5000, modded CD3000, and A900. I want to confirm that the people who wanted me to bring these three headphones are still coming, otherwise I might change it a bit. So let me know.

Thanks.

i would like the chance to compare the SA5000 to the modded CD3000, but feel free to bring anything you would like.

Feb 20, 2006 at 3:57 PM Post #24 of 58
Hey ER,

Sorry about all the drama, I think you've handled it well and you've taken more than enough responsibility and accountablity than you should have in the 1st place, forgive, forget, and keep on going
biggrin.gif

I really wish I could make it, I was able to get out of one committment but then got sidewined into another one - let's see if the recstar can do his magic and get out of this one.

Put me down as a distant tentative right now - if so, I will be bringing Meridian G07, BPT silver litz interconnects, PS Audio GCHA, Eddie Current EC-01, Ray Samuels Hornet, VH Audio Airsine PC with Oyaide Rhodiums, BPT Pure Power Center outlet strip wuith Oyaide rhodium outlets, and BPT L-10 PC's. Headphones will be Grado HP-2/3, Grado RS-1, Sennheiser HD600/cardas

Feb 20, 2006 at 5:17 PM Post #25 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
i would like the chance to compare the SA5000 to the modded CD3000, but feel free to bring anything you would like.

Yes ... please bring the sa5000!

Feb 20, 2006 at 5:26 PM Post #26 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24
Hey ER,

Sorry about all the drama, I think you've handled it well and you've taken more than enough responsibility and accountablity than you should have in the 1st place, forgive, forget, and keep on going
biggrin.gif

I really wish I could make it, I was able to get out of one committment but then got sidewined into another one - let's see if the recstar can do his magic and get out of this one.

Put me down as a distant tentative right now - if so, I will be bringing Meridian G07, BPT silver litz interconnects, PS Audio GCHA, Eddie Current EC-01, Ray Samuels Hornet, VH Audio Airsine PC with Oyaide Rhodiums, BPT Pure Power Center outlet strip wuith Oyaide rhodium outlets, and BPT L-10 PC's. Headphones will be Grado HP-2/3, Grado RS-1, Sennheiser HD600/cardas

great hearing from you, i'll put you on the list for the time being. let me know when you know.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 20, 2006 at 5:33 PM Post #27 of 58
JUST FOR THE RECORD. I was asked and I replied that I had no problem with whoever would be there. I personally feel this is as it should be and hope to meet ALL HeadFi related people eventually. However, I will honor my commitment to attend as I have previously said I would do and will be here with my Midwestern Ohio area HeadFi family. I hope my actions neither loose any friends I have found nor hinder the future exposure to new friendships available with HeadFi. I have been told many things from Manufacturers here as well as HeadFiers that are troubling statements as to business practices and personal problems. Some of this I see myself and agree with and some of it I don't. But I refuse to make a public battle ground for this anywhere in HeadFi aside from a personal PM or confrontation/phonecall, at least not intentionally. This is just a hobby with the possibility of developing many longlasting good friendships from.
confused.gif

Feb 20, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #28 of 58
I am still considering going, depending on how much work I get done this week so that I actually have free time on the weekend. I would be bringing the same set of gear that's listed in the original post.

Feb 20, 2006 at 6:10 PM Post #29 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by fante7
I am still considering going, depending on how much work I get done this week so that I actually have free time on the weekend. I would be bringing the same set of gear that's listed in the original post.

good hearing from you, i'll take the question mark away.

mikey01, it's good hearing from you, and i'm glad that you are still attending. i really, really wanna spend some time with the zana deux!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back