New CDP to replace my Cary 306 SACD
May 21, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #16 of 22

Quote:

He had a bunch of the 808.2 http://weinhartdesign.com/ When the 808.3 were about to come out, he (David) said that a lot of the dealers sent the 808.2 back to Meridian so they could get the .3 version and because he is the largest Meridian dealer in the US. Meridian sent them all to him to sell. David was selling the 808.2 cheaper than the average Audiogon price of an 808.

There is a 808.3 brand new for $10,900.00 right now on Audiogon...but Europe sale and voltage. (220) but just saying they can be bought way under MSRP.

I talked with Meridian about trading my 808.2i and they wanted $12,500 plus my player.  They are definitely not a company that worries about their customers.  They feel they have the product so if you want it you need to pay again and again.

May 21, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #17 of 22

Quote:
I talked with Meridian about trading my 808.2i and they wanted $12,500 plus my player.  They are definitely not a company that worries about their customers.  They feel they have the product so if you want it you need to pay again and again.

Wow, your 808.2i and $12,500 , a for Redbook CD..reading,,,,,,Antique.. LOL.

May 21, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #18 of 22
May 22, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #19 of 22
Bel Canto DAC3 + my staxes = love at first sight!
I just can't describe the sinergy of these three components: the bel canto, SRM-727II and O2mk2! Incredible tonal balance, instrument separation, perfectly obectiive sound: not harsh nor smooth,  merely neutral. Instruments are full-toned and focused. Bass is strong, impacful and well textured although I must confess maybe a little oversized. But I love that - it's fun! :)  In fact the sound is very very close to that of my Cary 306 but the cary sounds more digital with a slight emphasis on the high mids which I'm trying to avoid. I think there's a reason for the similar sound signature: both share the same dac chips - PCM1792. But it the cary they're two (one per channel) whereas DAC3 has only one.
Staxes just love the bel canto! After a dissapointing try with the new sony flagship SACD/CD player I WANT to keep the bel canto. There're few players have such a solid sound like DAC3 and Cary 306. I recommend DAC3 for Stax users.

Jun 14, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #20 of 22

Quote:

How about the new Cary 303T SACD?  4 tubes for your rolling pleasure?

I listened to 2 of these at Canjam, with my own cd, and switched back and forth a lot between the tube and SS output. Also got to listen to the Sony 5400 with Justin's BH and KG's T2. Both are awesome players. If I had the means, I would be listening to the Cary now. Very enjoyable.  Thing even has usb input.

Jun 19, 2010 at 8:16 AM Post #21 of 22
I personally was looking at purchasing the AMR CD-77. But i'm waiting to hear the new Reimyo CDT-777 before i burn up all that money. But i was also going transport-dac instead of an integrated cdp. Let me know what you end up getting lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back