New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works
Jan 11, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #271 of 566
Yes, things are moving along really well. But, no talk until I have it nailed.
smile.gif

Jan 12, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #273 of 566
  A DAC with AirPlay? Why not directly connected (via somekind of wire)?

Airplay sounds better.  Way better and you don't even have to go lossless.  Amazing what happens when you remove the wire.  One of the overlooked "secrets"/protocals in digital playback.  Airplay is shockingly good and is so much better than wired from iphone/ipad to Apple approved dac (i.e., Foster HP1).  If Cavalli can do it it will be a first in portable dac/amp and I will be forced to bite.

Jan 12, 2015 at 6:03 AM Post #274 of 566
  Airplay sounds better.  Way better and you don't even have to go lossless.  Amazing what happens when you remove the wire.  One of the overlooked "secrets"/protocals in digital playback.  Airplay is shockingly good and is so much better than wired from iphone/ipad to Apple approved dac (i.e., Foster HP1).  If Cavalli can do it it will be a first in portable dac/amp and I will be forced to bite.

Wireless better than Wired ??? 
eek.gif
   Interesting !

Jan 12, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #277 of 566

Wireless better than Wired ??? 
eek.gif
   Interesting !

No, not always.  But, airplay sounds better than wired via lightning out from iphone/ipod/ipad to apple compatible dac.  And even for redbook lossless in home computer stereo system; airplay to dac is better than source usb to dac.  Try it out for yourself.  Apple tv is only $99.00. Though you do need a decent router.

Mar 11, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #280 of 566
According to facebook, a prototype will be at CanJam!!!

Mar 11, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #283 of 566
Please don't have any regrets as the TUR-06 is a fine sounding portable amplifier and confers immense pleasure on ownership.

O darn, darn.  And I just pulled the trigger on an Analog2Paper TUR-06 hybrid portable amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back