New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release
Aug 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #16 of 789
I really like it Alex. I think it's gorgeous. The white light sounds like it'll be cool, and you know I like the simple stuff more. 

Really looking forward to it. I have no doubt you'll just be taking more money from me...again.

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #17 of 789
Quote:
Even though I don't have any phones with which I could use it, I will watch this thread out of pure gear curiosity.

popcorn.gif

"9. The circuit includes the standard CA heater delay and offset protection. The first one protects your expensive tubes and the second protects your expensive headphones."

Conspicuously missing is the wallet protector. Funny how no amp seems to include that as a standard feature.

+1 on the popcorn here....

popcorn.gif

Wallet protector? Mine clearly malfunctions way too often... I will shop for a new one after my Taboo arrives...
biggrin.gif

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #19 of 789
Agreed , the CAD images looked impressive but the pictures of the amp look better than that , looking forward to seeing this amp in person. Pity about the regulator, I know it can be dead silent so this is an unfortunate turn for the LA folk..dB

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #20 of 789
Well, gents, I am in Lordsburg, NM on my way to LA. I have unpacked the OPPO and the LG and set them up to burn the LG in for a few more hours. Audio people are crazy. 
eek.gif

Aug 16, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #21 of 789
Quote:
Well, gents, I am in Lordsburg, NM on my way to LA. I have unpacked the OPPO and the LG and set them up to burn the LG in for a few more hours. Audio people are crazy. 
eek.gif

popcorn.gif
  We need photos and commentary from this meet!

Aug 20, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #22 of 789
Quote:
popcorn.gif
  We need photos and commentary from this meet!

Not from that meet, but the LG nonetheless. The amp is really better looking in person than in the photos, and has quite a polished finish for a preproduction demo. Sound wise, it speaks the voice of the tubes used. Though I haven't spent much time with it, it responds to a larger degree to tube swapping than other tube amps. A tube roller's amp, I reckon.

Aug 20, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #23 of 789
Very Nice! What are the lower empty sockets for? 

Aug 21, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #26 of 789
longbowbbs, the LG will work with both novals and octals, but not both at the same time. Nick also listened some 6sn7s. We probably should have take than picture too so you can see that arrangement.

Morbid, based on cost of building the pre-production unit my estimate is somewhere between the LF and the LL. This amp is more complicated than the LF in that it has so many more selections, particularly the multiple heater and plate voltages that allow it to handle a fairly wide variety of tubes. 

Aug 21, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #27 of 789
You're killin me Alex. You know I'll want one...

Quote:
longbowbbs, the LG will work with both novals and octals, but not both at the same time. Nick also listened some 6sn7s. We probably should have take than picture too so you can see that arrangement.

Morbid, based on cost of building the pre-production unit my estimate is somewhere between the LF and the LL. This amp is more complicated than the LF in that it has so many more selections, particularly the multiple heater and plate voltages that allow it to handle a fairly wide variety of tubes. 

Aug 21, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #28 of 789
Whoa. LG looks way better in those photos, than in one of the initial stock shots. 

Aug 21, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #29 of 789
Wow, subscribed... I was just thinking about "settling" w/ wa2 to use as my preamp/tube headphone amp.

I can only pray for a reasonable price point now....

Aug 21, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #30 of 789
Also... this may be a stupid question, but this is going to be standard right as in not balanced right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back