Sep 25, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #17 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by omigawsh_lollercoaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want the new Emm Labs XDS1.

Spooooooge!
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 25, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #18 of 32
omg! new emm labs one box player. :drool:

how long do i have to wait before these things appear on the used market. why can't i be rich and famous (or really just rich), so i can buy whatever i want. : /

Sep 26, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #21 of 32
This is already on my hit-list
smily_headphones1.gif

The XDS1 is substantially more expensive than the previous CDSA SE so I can hope it is within range in 2 -3 years time for me to really "hit" it.

Really nice machine - improvements in almost every aspect - DAC part, transport, display and input / output options.

F. Lo

Sep 26, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #22 of 32
^^ i agree. definitely up there for next player - emm labs sound + esoteric build. :wow:

of course, have to wait a while before they start turning up on the used market. : (

Oct 3, 2009 at 1:07 PM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are SACDs still being made?

of course, audiophile labels such as Analogue Productions, Mobile Fidelity, Reference Recordings, Harmonia Mundi, Channel... still release SACDs puresuperaudio.blogspot.com ...others are starting to release 24/96kHz downloads (for example Linn records, BSO classics) or release both SACD and hi-rez downloads, that's why audiophile manufacturers like Cary (303T SACD), Esoteric (SA-50 SACD), Marantz (KI Pearl SACD), dCS (Scarlatti SACD), EMM Labs (XSD-1 SACD) implement hi-rez digital inputs in their new players
popcorn.gif

Oct 8, 2009 at 10:52 AM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopstretch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder what it costs compared to the 306 Pro?

From Moon Audio forum here.

Cary Audio CD303T SACD Professional Retail $6500, New Orders: $4875 until Oct 15(The Demo is not for sale) This piece is amazing!!

Dec 2, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #26 of 32
odd thing the other night.

i took the extremely heavy cover off of my cary 306 to look inside and being too lazy to put it back on, decided to listen for a while. the music sounded better without the cover. i can't point to one thing. the sound was just better overall. i put the cover on the next night and listened and then removed it later. same result. the cover is staying off.

Dec 2, 2009 at 8:18 AM Post #27 of 32
THE DUST!!!!!!

Dec 4, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #28 of 32
large sheet of cellophane with slits cut on top.

i really am surprised by this unintentional tweak. the difference (improvement) is one of the greatest i have experienced for a tweak. i encourage everyone with a cary 306 to try it.

Dec 4, 2009 at 7:22 AM Post #29 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
odd thing the other night.

i took the extremely heavy cover off of my cary 306 to look inside and being too lazy to put it back on, decided to listen for a while. the music sounded better without the cover. i can't point to one thing. the sound was just better overall. i put the cover on the next night and listened and then removed it later. same result. the cover is staying off.

That's not surprising at all. Every CDP, DAC, even tube preamps I have had here all sounded better with the cover off. It just sounds more "open" and less boxy/resonancy..

Dec 4, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #30 of 32
I have also heard from other sources that taking the cover off of some equipment does improve the sound. How? I have no idea. Perhaps resonance issues are at play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back