New cable for Sennhesier cans rocks - beats my Zu Audio Mobius
Jun 23, 2012 at 4:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

podeschi

100+ Head-Fier
I just ran across the most amazing cable upgrade for my Sennheiser HD650 cans.  I had moved from stock to cardas to Zu Audio Mobius.  In my two channel rig I have been standardizing all my power cords and interconnects on Audience.  I discovered their wire is used in the following:  Auric OHNO Cable...description below.  It removed that last layer of veiling that was in my HD650s, and created a much bigger soundstage in my HD650s.  Highly recommended.

http://www.charlestoncablecompany.com/

[size=large]AURIC OHNO Sennheiser Cable[/size]​

Why Upgrade?
While Sennheiser is certainly known for making the best headphones in the world, most audiophiles agree that the stock headphone cables on their flagship models tend to leave a bit to be desired in the sound quality department. This cable will lift the "Sennheiser veil", bringing the typical laid back Sennheiser sound up close and personal. With this cable you can expect to hear better channel separation, a wider sound stage, as well as deeper and more articulate bass. If you are ready to take an already great pair of cans to the next level, then this is the cable for you!

Cable Overview
This cable is meant to bring Audiophile grade, no compromise performance to your headphones.  This cable was designed to match or beat any competing flagship cable in both performance and price.  This cable is the absolute best that Charleston Cable Company has to offer.

Connectors
This headphone cable is terminated on one end with the aftermarket Cardas Sennheiser headphone plugs and on the other end with the Furutech FP-704 stereo TRS jack. The Cardas plugs are the industry standard for aftermarket Sennheiser cables and the Furutech is widely regarded as one of the highest quality TRS jacks available outside of expensive custom audio boutiques.

AURIC OHNO Hook up Wire
AURIC OHNO hook up wire is a 21awg chassis wire created by Audience for use in their top of the line speakers and audio equipment.  To find out more about this excellent wire as well as their other products I recommend you check out Audience’s website here:

[size=medium]Audience[/size]

AURIC OHNO wire employs a cross linked polyethylene dialectric.  Cross linked polyethylene has dialectric properties very close to Teflon without its drawbacks, specifically stiffness and weight.  The wire is cast using the proprietary OHNO casting process and is Cryo treated immediately following production.  We spent a lot of time looking for a wire which offers absolute fidelity and performance.  Auric OHNO is the best sounding wire we have ever heard and that is precisely the reason it is used in all of our top of the line products.

​

Jun 24, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #2 of 3
Thanks for the heads up about these.  I'm a big Audience fan and just recently upgraded all my power cables in my home stereo to Audience and it made a significant improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back