New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+
Sep 20, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #781 of 1,276
I just got an email advertising a new model from Burson. It is called the Play.

https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/play/

It looks interesting. Designed to fit into a 5.25" bay in a computer. Amp/Dac/Preamp combo.
What it telling for those here hoping to get the option of upgrading the Sabre DAC in the V2+, the new unit is still using the 9018 chip. I think, that if they had any plans for the near term to go to a newer version of the Sabre chip, they would have made that move for their new product. We shall see, but I personally now believe that any upgrade option will be a long time coming.

I am not real concerned about this, as my V2+ does a fine job just as it is right now! Given the correct driver setup, it also plays any music file that I need or want it to.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #782 of 1,276
Well, this looks more like a checkmate move for PC internal audio...

I'm expecting yet another Burson boycott now.

Also nice to see the lonely rider V2+ review I posted above holding tight against the...invisible enemy. :alien:

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-20_19-39-24.png
    upload_2017-9-20_19-39-24.png
    987 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #785 of 1,276
I just got an email advertising a new model from Burson. It is called the Play.

https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/play/

It looks interesting. Designed to fit into a 5.25" bay in a computer. Amp/Dac/Preamp combo.
What it telling for those here hoping to get the option of upgrading the Sabre DAC in the V2+, the new unit is still using the 9018 chip. I think, that if they had any plans for the near term to go to a newer version of the Sabre chip, they would have made that move for their new product. We shall see, but I personally now believe that any upgrade option will be a long time coming.

I am not real concerned about this, as my V2+ does a fine job just as it is right now! Given the correct driver setup, it also plays any music file that I need or want it to.
Very interesting. Priced right too. Burson should add speaker taps and a low powered speaker amp to the offering too. They would have a winner with that config I think. (Not that this config isn't good)

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #787 of 1,276
Good point. This is to bad for Burson. They make excellent products and the customer service is the best I've come across. Money rules the roost though....
Yep - Customer service is second to none in my experience - have managed to talk direct if I have ever had any questions, great bunch of people. I build amps for fun and know a good product/build when I see it. I've experienced some of the highly rated products promoted on here and was completely underwhelmed - left me questioning why the heck they got all of the hype.

Sep 20, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #788 of 1,276
Like I said, I'm LOVING my V2+. I needed a 3 in 1 unit that would also be the dac and preamp in my loudspeaker system and the v2+ seemed like the best option.

My only concern is I'm waiting arrival of a ZMF Atticus and looks like the 300 ohm Atticus would love a tube amp, specifically an OTL. From what I read on another site, the Atticus is even more amp-picky than the Eikon. I just hope the v2+ and Atticus will be a decent pairing. I don't want a setup that does one genre great. I want it to do multiple genres well. I can't imagine the dynamic Atticus (which apparently has outstanding bass), not benefiting from the powerhouse Burson.

If the Burson was any other product, I'd sell it and get a tube amp, but the Burson's build quality, craftsmanship, reliability and great sonics are what's making me hold on to it.
I simply can't let this great piece slip from my hands.

Sep 20, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #789 of 1,276
Like I said, I'm LOVING my V2+. I needed a 3 in 1 unit that would also be the dac and preamp in my loudspeaker system and the v2+ seemed like the best option.

My only concern is I'm waiting arrival of a ZMF Atticus and looks like the 300 ohm Atticus would love a tube amp, specifically an OTL. From what I read on another site, the Atticus is even more amp-picky than the Eikon. I just hope the v2+ and Atticus will be a decent pairing. I don't want a setup that does one genre great. I want it to do multiple genres well. I can't imagine the dynamic Atticus (which apparently has outstanding bass), not benefiting from the powerhouse Burson.

If the Burson was any other product, I'd sell it and get a tube amp, but the Burson's build quality, craftsmanship, reliability and great sonics are what's making me hold on to it.
I simply can't let this great piece slip from my hands.
I own a pair of ZMF Atticus. I use them with a Woo WA5 SET amp and they are glorious. The Atticus isn't as revealing as some other headphones I own but is the headphone I go to most often. It's so easy to listen to. I have to admit, I haven't listened to them with my V2+. I'll give them a listen tonight and let you know my thoughts.

Sep 20, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #790 of 1,276
I own a pair of ZMF Atticus. I use them with a Woo WA5 SET amp and they are glorious. The Atticus isn't as revealing as some other headphones I own but is the headphone I go to most often. It's so easy to listen to. I have to admit, I haven't listened to them with my V2+. I'll give them a listen tonight and let you know my thoughts.

Please do.
Little nervous about reading it though.

Sep 20, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #791 of 1,276
And don't pull any punches.

Sep 20, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #794 of 1,276
Thanks.
It looks like an easy way to taylor some tube warmth into a system.

Sep 20, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #795 of 1,276
Well, this looks more like a checkmate move for PC internal audio...

I'm expecting yet another Burson boycott now.

Also nice to see the lonely rider V2+ review I posted above holding tight against the...invisible enemy. :alien:
Would you please give us some more information on this "boycott". I am far from an insider, but I do read quite a bit about the trade, and lots on HF. I had never heard of it. I am truly interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back