New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+
May 4, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #646 of 1,276
I own the Soloist SL MKI version, and I'm wondering if you guys think upgrading to the CV1 would be an upgrade? I also have the Burson DA-160.

I was initially thinking of just upgrading to the MKII version for the added power.

I've owned the Soloist MKI (Non-SL version) and now own the Conductor V2+. I prefer the V2+. The sound stage is much bigger, it is more effortless conveying the music, and it is more organic. The Soloist wasn't bad just not as good a the V2+.

May 4, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #647 of 1,276
I've owned the Soloist MKI (Non-SL version) and now own the Conductor V2+. I prefer the V2+. The sound stage is much bigger, it is more effortless conveying the music, and it is more organic. The Soloist wasn't bad just not as good a the V2+.

Thanks for the reply. When you say 'organic' what comes to mind is more warmth. Do you feel there is more warmth in the CV2? I like the idea of a bigger soundstage, but I also don't want to lose the tight, punchy bass that I am experiencing with the Soloist SL MKI.

May 4, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #648 of 1,276
When I think of organic, I mean it is more natural sounding. Closer to a live concert. But not as realistic as my Woo WA5.

The Conductor V2 is a bit on the warm side but not like a "loose" sounding tube amp. There's much more focus and detail.

May 6, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #649 of 1,276
Hello, thank you jerick70 I tried to connect another dac the ifi micro idsd no positive result, but I think the problem is osx sierra.
Now I try to download the sierra combo manually and try to see what happens.

What we know about 10.12.3 so far...

1. OS X Build 16D32
  2. Kernel updated to Darwin 16.3.0
  3. Updated Intel, NVIDIA, and AMD graphics drivers
    1. NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers have been updated for 10.12.3.
  4. This update will replace your audio drivers. If you enabled Realtek onboard audio using MultiBeast or the cloverALC script, no changes will be necessary.
  5. Install macOS Sierra App has been updated - If you downloaded macOS Sierra from the App Store prior to today, and you want to have the latest version on your backup installer USB, simply log into the Mac App Store and click Download. The updated 10.12.3 Install macOS Sierra App can be found in the Applications folder. You may then re-create your UniBeast installation USB.

Hey Giacomino, were you able to resolve the issue? I'm on 10.12.4 now and one day to the other, I could not access my V2+ anymore. I tried to restart both, Mac and DAC, several times, and used different wires. I can still use the Conductor as amplifier but the DAC is unresponsive. It may be a HW issue.

May 6, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #650 of 1,276
Hey Giacomino, were you able to resolve the issue? I'm on 10.12.4 now and one day to the other, I could not access my V2+ anymore. I tried to restart both, Mac and DAC, several times, and used different wires. I can still use the Conductor as amplifier but the DAC is unresponsive. It may be a HW issue.

Like @Giacomino says in his post, this is an issue with OSX Sierra. I don't think Apple has released a fix for it yet. You can use coax or optical and it should work.

May 8, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #651 of 1,276

Hello belgar, try to completely shut down the mac is not just restart, let me know.

May 16, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #652 of 1,276
I'm going back and forth between the oppo ha-1 & the burson conductor v2+ can anyone who has heard both comment on which they prefer?

May 16, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #653 of 1,276
I owned the HA-1 a few years ago and now I own the V2+.

The features of the HA-1 were very nice. The DAC sounded thin to me and the headphone amp was a bit too bright for my taste.

The sound of the V2+ is much more enjoyable to me. That's why the V2+ is still in my collection and the HA-1 was sold long ago.

May 19, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #655 of 1,276
hi everyone I got the burson v2+ and what an amazing amp/dac, I want to double check with 10 when I plugged in the usb the computer immediately recognized it with me downloading the drivers. Is that how it is supposed to be, right now I using jriver and it sees it as xcore usb audio 2

sorry also to ask can I change gain with this dac/amp as i do not see a gain switch ?

as for sound if you look at my info you see most I had were portable dac amp and I am right now floored by the huge huge upgrade in sound with my lcd2, the mojo and hugo sound so poorly compared to v2+

They mention that even after burn in thing will improve way more, but I am floored by how it sounds out of the box

Last edited:
May 19, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #656 of 1,276
hi everyone I got the burson v2+ and what an amazing amp/dac, I want to double check with 10 when I plugged in the usb the computer immediately recognized it with me downloading the drivers. Is that how it is supposed to be, right now I using jriver and it sees it as xcore usb audio 2

sorry also to ask can I change gain with this dac/amp as i do not see a gain switch ?

as for sound if you look at my info you see most I had were portable dac amp and I am right now floored by the huge huge upgrade in sound with my lcd2, the mojo and hugo sound so poorly compared to v2+

They mention that even after burn in thing will improve way more, but I am floored by how it sounds out of the box

What operating system are you using?

May 19, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #659 of 1,276
Window 10 will install drivers if it can find them on Microsoft's web repository or if it is installed with Windows. So yes this can happen. I would still install Burson's version of the driver though.
thanks, also i have a hifi fuse or whatever its called which got extra what does that do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back