New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+
Apr 19, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #257 of 1,276
Mine came last Thursday. I didn’t have a lot of time to listen.
I can only compare to my CEntrance DACmini CX Amp/DAC, Lake People G109A and Squeezebox's Transporter DAC.
My initial impression is that this is state of the art 3-in-1 box (DAC, pre AMP/ AMP).  
Sounds great.  V2+ has tons of power. From now on, I’m not looking for any other AMP to replace my V2+.
Now I want to have Timekeeper… I wish I could afford it, maybe one day in next ten years :wink:

You folks here convinced me to join INGG, thanks :wink:

Apr 19, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #258 of 1,276
I have got my tracking number. The Eternal wait begins!

Apr 19, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #261 of 1,276
Oh you lucky co campaigners already listening to your v2:-} Patience is a virtue happily looking forward to mine....

... live and let live...

Apr 19, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #262 of 1,276
Patience indeed :)
No doubt there are a number of us who have yet to have their V2+ sent. I've no doubt the Burson crew are working hard to send out their little boxes of joy.

I'm keen for them to take the time to test gear before sending it.

From early reports, it will be worth the wait... :)

Apr 20, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #263 of 1,276
Just ordered my V2 from their website, now I have to wait all pre-orders from Indiegogo before my unit is shipped.

Apr 21, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #265 of 1,276
The V2+ uses the older ES9018 chip. Burson are aware of the new Pro chip and may well be exploring it..
I would love it if they found a way to cheaply upgrade the V2+ with the Pro chip, but haven't the foggiest as to how doable that is... ( I was drawn to using the pro chip in its highest output so as to minimise ESS filters - leaving it down to software upsampling... But may well be missing something there - feel free to correct me!)

I don't think the V2 can accept the old Burr Brown DAC board, but could well be mistaken. Not sure - others will likely know?

Apr 21, 2016 at 1:26 AM Post #267 of 1,276
@Burson Audio

Does the CV2+ use the newer ESS90xx PRO chip or the ESS9018?

Can we expect a PCM1793 dac module for the CV2+ or can the CV1 PCM1793 Dac module be used with the V2+?

The V2+ uses the older ES9018 chip. Burson are aware of the new Pro chip and may well be exploring it..
I would love it if they found a way to cheaply upgrade the V2+ with the Pro chip, but haven't the foggiest as to how doable that is... ( I was drawn to using the pro chip in its highest output so as to minimise ESS filters - leaving it down to software upsampling... But may well be missing something there - feel free to correct me!)

I don't think the V2 can accept the old Burr Brown DAC board, but could well be mistaken. Not sure - others will likely know?

The older Burr Brown DAC boards will not fit the V2 and V2+.

Apr 21, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #268 of 1,276
Finally got mine!

Very initial impression, with Hifiman's HE6 naturally, very smooth, dynamic, and the clarity is nothing short of amazing!
Only using 68/99 for some very quite classical music.  Feels even more powerful than my beloved EF6.
Wow, wow, wow!

Now need to let it burn-in for a bit, will post some more comments later. :wink:

Apr 21, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #270 of 1,276
Just tried my most sensitive IEM Audio Technica ATM-IM03.  The V2+ is not completely silent, but that should not be a problem as not many people use a 8W headphone amp to drive IEM's.

For the record, the only other devices in my arsenal that is completely silent to my ears with the IM03 is Woo Audio's WA7 and iBasso DX90.

wakka992

Thanks, I'm a very lucky guy, my wife doesn't complain about my obsession too much. She seems to be happy when I tell her "this is the last thing I'm getting"..... every time!

Victor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back