New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+
Apr 14, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #241 of 1,276
Mine came today too.

Which is pretty amazing considering:
  1. It wasn't sent the fastest method, but through "FedEx International Economy."
  2. Yesterday morning my CV2+ was still in Australia.
  3. And I live on the East Coast, north of NYC.

Now I have to find time to play music.
And compare the CV2+ with my previous CV1 (Burr-Brown).

Smiles,

Dave, who says the CV2+ will live in my main music system while the CV1 is for the secondary system along with a Timekeeper amplifier

Apr 16, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #244 of 1,276
Does anyone know what the fuse specs are? 5x20mm fast or slow blow? How many amps?
Tks

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #245 of 1,276
I don't know if the V2 uses the same fuse as the first Conductor.

The first one took a 3A slow-blow (small - 20mm?).
I use a Create Audio fuse in mine. Helped quite a bit (not the knock-offs ones from eBay).

I would be curious to know what other fuses people try with it :)

Apr 16, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #247 of 1,276
Got mine this week and just today fired it up for the first time. Initial impression is that this is a very significant piece of audio hardware.

Here's a pic using digital and analog Picoreplayer based Squeezebox's. The small one in the picture is a Pi Zero with a PHAT Dac feeding analog outputs. This has to be smallest Squeezebox on record!

-CB

Apr 17, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #248 of 1,276
Got mine this week and just today fired it up for the first time. Initial impression is that this is a very significant piece of audio hardware.

Here's a pic using digital and analog Picoreplayer based Squeezebox's. The small one in the picture is a Pi Zero with a PHAT Dac feeding analog outputs. This has to be smallest Squeezebox on record!

-CB

Congrats. Burson's equipment looks so sleak and sexy!

Should have my V2+ w/ Timekeeper tomorrow or Tuesday. Now to decide if I want a second Timekeeper?

Apr 17, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #250 of 1,276
initial impression is that this is an excellent class-a amp with tons of power.  nice warm sound with excellent detail retrieval, noticeably more detail than my schiit mj2 with good tubes.  i have to listen to it again today and see what i think.  i just wish i had a schiit rag or another higher end amp to compare it to. 

Apr 18, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #251 of 1,276
I'll join the line of folks who've received their V2+ units.  Mine, too, came unannounced and all the sweeter for that as it was a complete surprise at the end of the day.  Have said in other forums that I had decided to move from my room system to headphones and had sold all my equipment.  I think I got lucky when sifting through online forums as I was drawn to the LCD-Xs and the Burson V2, all the more lucky when I found a great used pair of the phones and the Indiegogo campaign for the V2+.  The Burson allows the LCD-Xs to be even more effortless in their delivery of music I love. I had grown more aware of the kind of sound stage that does arise with headphones and was no longer missing the room sound stage of my stereo gear a much.  The V2+ has opened up that space even more with the quiet that surrounds the music.  It's not dry and eery, as if it were in an anechoic setting, but there without calling attention to itself the way some silences can do.  This may be one of the reasons that I find myself immersed in lower volume listening.  The Burson has heightened that feeling of sitting in a very balanced and intimate listening space and I am glad I just decided to go for it.  More as time goes on . . . 

Apr 18, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #253 of 1,276
Great to hear all your initial impressions ... The excitement builds...

+1! Couldn't agree more. I'm really looking forward to hear from more people when they've got some quality time with their V2's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back