New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+
Mar 1, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #76 of 1,276
I think Wakka already has his version I don't think he will get another DAC module. Iam sure Mr Burson can answer that.

IPA abbreviated isopropyl alcohol.
Use to clean off dust an grease first.
So Caig Deoxit works better. Small amounts of deoxit and leave 2 days. Then clean and use the gold. Inside and out on all connectors and cables. Anything that comes apart.... only small amounts....

Good luck, I am no expert....

Mar 1, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #77 of 1,276
Dave! Great to see you here. I'd recognise that golden retriever anywhere! Computer Audiophile seems all too quiet on the Burson front.

I'd very much encourage you fine folk to post impressions and musings over there too.

It would be nice to have some company as I await my turn to hear this new creation :slight_smile:
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/showthread.php?t=27763

Dave, who when he gets his unit will be comparing the CV V1 with Burr-Brown to the CV v2+ with ESS

Mar 1, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #78 of 1,276
I would be curious to know how the CV2+ fairs on DSD. If anyone has the chance to compare it to any DSD-capable DAC, please share :slight_smile:

Hi guys, figured out how to play DSD file on foobar with add-on.
I'm downloading a couple of demo DSD track from "1 Bit Associacion", it's seems there's only classical music.
I'll report back when finished listening, but I'm no classical music guru so I can't say what to expect from this...

Mar 1, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #79 of 1,276
Not sure if i like computer Audiophile.
They talk really posh and make you want to spend more money on USB cleaners.
IFI IPURIFIER 2 Now a wyred4sound RUR.
Not sure if it helps with a IFIP2... Might get a wyrd if I can find a dual review...

But I digress, put a link on the INDIEGOGO comments for people looking to search.
I can't get one so promoting Burson is my good deed for the year. I just have to wait for the kind Wakka to post so I can get my fix and live surreptitiously through him.

Mar 1, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #83 of 1,276
we'll see if the V2 can drive the HE6 well.  Anyone tried the version 1 Conductor w/ the HE6?

Yes. Well with the Soloist. Same amp. It's not powerful enough other than simple low to mid level sound levels at max gain and volume. Conclusion was its simply not powerful for any level of serious listening.

While Burson is touting the power capabilities of these new amps, I for one am genuinely concerned that they won't even be able to properly drive the new LCD-4 headphone which is a 200 ohm hp. At 200 ohms, the power output doesn't even reach a single watt as I understand it. With that being the case, Audeze recommended amps capable of at least 1-4 watts to drive them properly. I also understand that hp efficiency will affect this too,but I don't think these amps are gonna be anymore powerful than a $400-500 Schiit amp at best.

The Burson power output only looks good because it's rated at 16 ohms. I don't know very many high end headphones with that low of a load. Most other amp makers usually state their rating at 20-32 ohms.

Mar 2, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #84 of 1,276
Thanks Wakka for humouring me on the DSD front. But don't torture yourself with DSD recordings you don't like. Life is too short.

One reason I like Computer Audiophile is for the iOS app.. But have found great bang for your buck tips about using better software and upsampling. Upsampling with Audirvana has given me terrific results that I could not part with.

Middy - I hear you on the USB front. I have not tried the W4S RUR or IFI Purifier. I do own the UpTone Regen. It improved the clarity, texture and smoothness to the first Conductor. I have not removed it since.

While the Regen focuses on cleaning up the signal feed from USB, other such devices may do more on the power front. Given the the Conductors already feed the USB boards with its own clean power, I wonder if it benefits as much as other DACs? But most curious to hear about anyone to have used them with the Conductor :metal:

I shall post a link to the CA thread on the indiegogo link - good idea :vulcan_tone4:

Mar 2, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #85 of 1,276
Thanks Wakka for humouring me on the DSD front. But don't torture yourself with DSD recordings you don't like. Life is too short.

Hi Vegan, don't worry I wasn't torturing myself that much!
That said, I couldn't play demo DSD track from "1 Bit Associacion" as they are recorded in a strange DSD format that foobar2000 can't play...
Instead I bought some DSD 256 stereo track from NativeDSD.com, some Bath Cello Suite V1 

Mar 2, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #86 of 1,276
Yes. Well with the Soloist. Same amp. It's not powerful enough other than simple low to mid level sound levels at max gain and volume. Conclusion was its simply not powerful for any level of serious listening.

While Burson is touting the power capabilities of these new amps, I for one am genuinely concerned that they won't even be able to properly drive the new LCD-4 headphone which is a 200 ohm hp. At 200 ohms, the power output doesn't even reach a single watt as I understand it. With that being the case, Audeze recommended amps capable of at least 1-4 watts to drive them properly. I also understand that hp efficiency will affect this too,but I don't think these amps are gonna be anymore powerful than a $400-500 Schiit amp at best.

The Burson power output only looks good because it's rated at 16 ohms. I don't know very many high end headphones with that low of a load. Most other amp makers usually state their rating at 20-32 ohms.

About the LCD-4, I wouldn't worry. Audeze say 1-4W for all the LCD series including the LCD3 which I can easily run from the original Conductor on mid volume at mid gain to very loud levels. If those specs were even remotely close then that wouldn't be possible. The Audeze King amp they rate at 6W at 20 Ohms so if the new Burson can't then the King probably won't too. Actually 99% of the headphone amplifiers out there won't even come close to 1-4W at 200 Ohms in their specs.

I think the rating Audeze gives is referring to amplifier max power, so an amp that has max power in the range 1-4W. They are just trying to keep things simple thus why all the LCD series say the same thing, they make no sense otherwise.

I see you have a LCD-4 and a Soloist Mk 2, how do they match up?

Mar 2, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #87 of 1,276
Glad you found something you like in DSD Wakka :thumbsup_tone3:

I have never heard DSD. But I have quite a few DSD recordings that I have been down sampling to PCM on the fly via Audirvana. I often prefer these to their PCM copies in hi-rez. Being able to play native DSD is the biggest reason for my excitement over the CV2+. Of course the IFI Nano and the like are making DSD affordable. I wonder how the CV2+ stacks up with other DSD DACs.

If anyone wants to compare DSD to PCM, 2L offer free samples in various formats. I nice way to test your system. Although, of limited possibilities for those of us without a DSD-capable DACs... :pensive:

http://www.2l.no/hires/

Hi Vegan, don't worry I wasn't torturing myself that much!
That said, I couldn't play demo DSD track from "1 Bit Associacion" as they are recorded in a strange DSD format that foobar2000 can't play...
Instead I bought some DSD 256 stereo track from NativeDSD.com, some Bath Cello Suite V1 

Mar 2, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #89 of 1,276
  we'll see if the V2 can drive the HE6 well.  Anyone tried the version 1 Conductor w/ the HE6?

I tried the HE-6 with the new Soloist SL MKII last weekend at the Head Fi meet in Vienna. And for me personal the Soloist SL can drive the HE-6 at high gain at a moderate to loud volume level from 11 o'clock and above. So I personally wouldn't need a more potent amp for the HE-6. I think that the V2/V2+ is very able to drive the HE-6, unless you want to suffer from severe hearing damage after the linstening session. But as I don't own the V2, I can't guarantee that it would be louder than the Soloist SL MKII (I ain't doubt it though).

Btw.: I was very shocked that the new Moon Neo 450H wasn't able to drive the HE-6 with sufficient power. I had to turn the volume to a near max at high gain to listen to the HE-6 properly...
Strange, isn't it?

Greetings, KoRnasteniker

Mar 2, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #90 of 1,276
About the LCD-4, I wouldn't worry. Audeze say 1-4W for all the LCD series including the LCD3 which I can easily run from the original Conductor on mid volume at mid gain to very loud levels. If those specs were even remotely close then that wouldn't be possible. The Audeze King amp they rate at 6W at 20 Ohms so if the new Burson can't then the King probably won't too. Actually 99% of the headphone amplifiers out there won't even come close to 1-4W at 200 Ohms in their specs.

I think the rating Audeze gives is referring to amplifier max power, so an amp that has max power in the range 1-4W. They are just trying to keep things simple thus why all the LCD series say the same thing, they make no sense otherwise.

I see you have a LCD-4 and a Soloist Mk 2, how do they match up?

My problem is that I use the Sony ZX-2 Dap as my source using its WM connector to feed my current Burson Soloist. The Dap has a very low output in typical Sony fashion and that's why every watt of power is crucial in my situation.
I'm sure it will work out, it's just that the 8.2w rating at 16 ohms is probably the same or lower than The King is at 20 ohms.
I listed the LCD-4 and conductor V2 in my profile the other day because I'll be getting both of them within the next few weeks .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back