New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+
Jun 8, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #1,201 of 1,276
Hi Filip,

I'm glad you like the sound of the CV2+, I also love it myself too.

Based on my ARTA measurements with the default power cord from here https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/burson-audio-conductor-v2.21385/reviews#review-21099 the "distance" between the mains hum and the 1V RMS 1KHz sinewave is 120dB, so definitely inaudible, so in my case changing the power cord makes absolutely no sense.

10255172.png

Changing the power cord to a DAC or a headphone amplifier has nothing to do with the output sound; the only thing that might change would be the decrease of the mains hum or elimination of a possible ground loop (not in my case) and, of course, the output look of your desk setup. Worth mentioning that if anyone has mains-hum or buzz-noises while music is not playing in CV2+, then adding an external 15 EUR EMI/RFI filter and/or a 35 EUR isolation transformer will eliminate any noises coming from the mains (again, not an issue in my case, so not recommended for my CV2+).

The big soundstage of the CV2+ is due to the almost 90dB difference between left and right channel on bass and midrange, which is a very good value for a headphone amplifier.

Jun 8, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #1,203 of 1,276
Filip,
Just curious, which digital input are you using?
Also, is the Conductor plugged straight into the wall or is it into a conditioner or voltage regulator of some sort?

Jun 8, 2019 at 6:48 AM Post #1,204 of 1,276
@devilboy
I use usb, laptop and external HDD. For my audio equipment, I power it separately: power cable -> power socket -> power filter.

@raoultrifan
The greatest change in sound, I had when I invested in power cable, power filter and separate electrical powering. I perceived similar change when I exchanged speaker cables from cheap to quality ones.
P.S putem discuta mai multe pe privat,te asigur ca merita sa investesti in alimentare. Curentul pentru aceste aparate este precum sangele pentru organism.

By the way, Wirewold cable is an improvement, but even so, it's not the sound heard in the showroom. Any suggestions?

Jun 8, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #1,206 of 1,276
Good job this isn't on the FB page, a thousand trolls would be decrying us for believing in 'snake oil', difference in cabling is astonishing at times, and i fail to believe that someone cannot hear the changes made beit good or bad !

Jun 8, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #1,207 of 1,276
Good job this isn't on the FB page, a thousand trolls would be decrying us for believing in 'snake oil', difference in cabling is astonishing at times, and i fail to believe that someone cannot hear the changes made beit good or bad !
you are entitled to your belief about the transformative qualities of audio cables but that doesn't make those who do not happen to share it mistaken or trolls. this is an inherently subjective pursuit after all.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #1,209 of 1,276
Hello everyone,
Has anyone compared the V2+ to the Burson Soloist SL mk2?

If I had to write a comparison now, my faint memory would not help at all. They were both in my possession for a brief interval a few years ago and I made the comparison in March 2018 in the SL MK2 appreciation thread.

Given how scalability works in audio, V2 is definitely a big jump ahead.

Jun 20, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #1,210 of 1,276
Has anyone compared the conductor V2 + versus the pass labs hpa-1?
I must be out of my mind right now but I'm just wondering....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back