New, Burson Conductor 3 Reference: Dual 9038 DAC, 7.5Wpc Head Amp, Preamp, Changeable Opamps
Nov 16, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #541 of 744
Nov 16, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #542 of 744
I've only had the Burson 3 ref for a little while, and when I try to connect via bluetooth, it won't let me connect until I manually disconnect from the previous device that was connected instead of it overriding the other device's connection automatically. Are others having this experience? pretty annoying, especially if I have to look for the other device to disconnect.

Nov 17, 2020 at 1:09 AM Post #543 of 744
Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #544 of 744
I've only had the Burson 3 ref for a little while, and when I try to connect via bluetooth, it won't let me connect until I manually disconnect from the previous device that was connected instead of it overriding the other device's connection automatically. Are others having this experience? pretty annoying, especially if I have to look for the other device to disconnect.
Burson C3 doesn't act as a bluetooth host (active), but as a BT receiver (passive). The Conductor connects to the BT host, the same as other bluetooth headphones, speakers or Apple Watch do. As far as know, all bluetooth devices which I have, remember the last connection and connect automatically to the last host device. Like for example: if I have previously used my bt earphones with my iPhone but want to use them now with my iPad, there is no way for iPad to override that connection. I have to manually disconnect them from the iPhone and then connect them with the iPad.
Therefore the C3 doesn't behave differently than other passive bluetooth receiving device.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #545 of 744
Nov 17, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #546 of 744
Oh nice, I was trying to search for 24v 3a directly instead of 120w. I found this which looks amazing:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_BTVT6h

But burson prefers us to use their power supply... Either because there shouldn't be much difference sound and we may risk damaging the unit. However this has smart protection.

Nov 17, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #547 of 744
Oh nice, I was trying to search for 24v 3a directly instead of 120w. I found this which looks amazing:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_BTVT6h

But burson prefers us to use their power supply... Either because there shouldn't be much difference sound and we may risk damaging the unit. However this has smart protection.
I've been using it for over 2 months now and everything works fine. And the sound gets better

Nov 24, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #549 of 744
Nov 25, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #550 of 744
I've been using it for over 2 months now and everything works fine. And the sound gets better

That's good to know. It may be that the LPS is just putting out lower noise harmonics into the input of the MCPS section. However, the MCPS would still be "chopping" the DC output into a switched AC waveform regardless, which kind of defeats the main point of an LPS (aside from lower input harmonics). The LPS will do nothing for the new harmonics created, although those should technically be well outside the range of human hearing. It would also restrict the theoretical peak current available to the MCPS due the impedance of the transformer. Realistically though, you're probably not going to hit the practical peak-current limit unless you've got a really difficult load like the Susvara.

Whether true LPS or MCPS is better is debatable and probably subjective. It boils down to whether out-of-band harmonics or restricting transient peak-current output has a more negative effect on subjective audio performance. Burson is basically betting that supplying transient peak current is more important than out-of-band harmonics.

Dec 10, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #551 of 744
I was reading the manual and it says not to connect or disconnect the headphone jack while music is playing, why? is this an issue specific to burson or is that just being overly cautious. i must confess, i've already done it, i know, living on the edge.

Dec 11, 2020 at 2:24 AM Post #552 of 744
I was reading the manual and it says not to connect or disconnect the headphone jack while music is playing, why? is this an issue specific to burson or is that just being overly cautious. i must confess, i've already done it, i know, living on the edge.
I think it is just being overly cautious. Don't see a problem with solid state gear. I think this originates way back from the tube amps.

Dec 17, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #553 of 744
Sparko ss3602 dual op amps. I found vivid rolled off up top with lcd 2 and empyrean. The Sparko op amps gave boost in bass and nice sparkle up top.
7A671B05-79EF-44D1-B8D2-49E454B786C4.jpeg

Dec 17, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #554 of 744
Sparko ss3602 dual op amps. I found vivid rolled off up top with lcd 2 and empyrean. The Sparko op amps gave boost in bass and nice sparkle up top. 7A671B05-79EF-44D1-B8D2-49E454B786C4.jpeg
Exactly! That's what I experienced too.

Dec 17, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #555 of 744
Does anyone know what the jumper is for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back