1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New, Burson Conductor 3 Reference: Dual 9038 DAC, 7.5Wpc Head Amp, Preamp, Changeable Opamps

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by DarKu, Aug 13, 2019.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. DarKu
    A new TOTL DAC and headphone amp / preamp from Burson Audio is incoming.
    * Dual ESS9038 DAC chip.
    * Class A headphone and preamp outputs. Headphone outputting 7500mW@16ohm.
    * Dual mono and fully symmetrical.
    * Fully discrete signal path.
    * Burson proprietary Max Current Power Supply (MCPS) which raises voltage frequency from 50Hz to 170kHz, pushing noise beyond human hearing.
    * 5 sets of MCPS: Which means, Display/Functionality, DAC, analouge left and analouge right are all separately powered.
    * 4 layers, high-density PCB, ensuring perfect separation and shielding of noise interference
    * Bluetooth 5.0 input.
    * Xmos USB receiver. 32bit / 786khz, DSD512 native streaming (custom developed driver by Thesycon, Germany)
    * 7 selectable sound filters and two gain levels.
    * Audiophile components throughout including TDK resistors, Elna caps.
    * All-new "Cool Case" is a 300% more efficient heat-sink when compared to the Conductor 2 enclosure.
    *1800USD inc shipping worldwide.

Dual DAC and dual mono design :L3000:Yes please! So far I'm quite pumped and can't wait to have a listen to it.

Before you ask, I don't know what the "tetris button" does.

https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/conductor-3/

C3R-LCDGX2.jpg

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  2. citraian
    Wow, as a previous Conductor (V1) owner I am really interested about this one

Marutks likes this.
  3. escalibur
    I can already hear Burson saying 'no more Mr. Nice Guy'. :dt880smile:

'Tetris' button is probably related to the display in case you want to flip your Conductor.

ps. Dat design though..:astonished:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  4. Hooster
    I like it.

5. DarKu
    Yep, makes sense buddy.

I should have a full size pic probably at the end of this week. I am curious myself how they managed to make it 300% more heat efficient.

6. karmazynowy
    Finally an XLR hp output from Burson?

7. DarKu
  8. technobear
    Another DAC/amp with no EQ and no Crossfeed?

Good thing too as we have such a shortage of those... not.

9. DarKu
    It seems that Conductor 3 was just unveiled and here its official page: https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/conductor-3/
    Retail price 1800USD inc shipping.
    Pre-Order Promotional Price 1399 inc shipping.
    Shipping from Mid September

Will update my original post once I get back from vacation.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  10. Slim1970
    I’m a big fan of Burson. They make amazing gear. I was hoping they would replace the V2/V2+. But I was hoping it would be something with balanced in’s and out’s. Nevertheless, the specs look outstanding.

11. KESM
    I’m on the pre-order list for Headamp’s GSX mini but this has caught my attention:eye:

12. newtophones07
    I am interested, as I like the burson sound. They have to fix their amp impedance issues with low impedance cans/iems and the background hissing, especially at this price.

I have owned four burson device and their customer service is the best I have encountered.

13. alota
    i have a playmate and i´m happy but my headphone deserves more. of course this new conductor on paper is awesome.

14. kaushama
    I have a conductor V2+ with power amp Timekeeper. They are brilliant and I am quite excited about V3. Specially their new power supply design is very inspiring and intriguing!

15. alota
    agree. i hope quality control of pcb is better compared to playmate

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last