New: Burson Audio Play Amp/DAC (2W@16Ohm) (op-amp rollers dream)
Oct 24, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #811 of 1,256
Hello everyone, there is in stock akg k712 pro.Which amp to put on play for heavy metal ?
how does burson play on the stock heavy genres of music ?( grind, brutal)

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #812 of 1,256
Did you mean the thread?
Yes. I know it's big however...

Me, I've already said - I use V6 Classic in IV and V6Vivid for LPF and Gain.

Which amp to put on play for heavy metal ?
how does burson play on the stock heavy genres of music ?( grind, brutal)

I think all V6 Vivid may fit your need - it has a V shape sound, with a very strong bass and a lot of details on treble and upper mids.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #818 of 1,256
Yes. I know it's big however...

Me, I've already said - I use V6 Classic in IV and V6Vivid for LPF and Gain.

I think all V6 Vivid may fit your need - it has a V shape sound, with a very strong bass and a lot of details on treble and upper mids.

So I read through the thread - I did it quickly so I'm sure I missed something. Is the LPF the dual op amp in the middle of the three dual op amps? Are the two on either side of that the IV? Then the two single op amps are gain? Is this correct?

Oct 24, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #819 of 1,256
Burson is no power play for the 712 ? do you have basic or mods ?
I'm not sure what you mean by basic or mod. I guess they are basic. I have done nothing to them since purchasing them. Mine say they were made in EU Slovakia. Not sure that makes a difference. The play is plenty powerful enough to drive the AKG 712 pro. At volume level 35 it's so loud my wife will ask me to turn it down because she can hear them blaring due them being so open.

Oct 24, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #820 of 1,256
So I pulled out the middle op amp - I have the V6 Vivid there now and I powered it on without it and omg the noise was crazy. So I understand now that the middle opamp is necessary for noise reduction - is this right? Is there an op amp out there that is known for its lack of noise or is the V6 Vivid the way to go?

Oct 25, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #823 of 1,256
So I read through the thread - I did it quickly so I'm sure I missed something. Is the LPF the dual op amp in the middle of the three dual op amps? Are the two on either side of that the IV? Then the two single op amps are gain? Is this correct?
Yes, this is correct.
So I pulled out the middle op amp - I have the V6 Vivid there now and I powered it on without it and omg the noise was crazy. So I understand now that the middle opamp is necessary for noise reduction - is this right? Is there an op amp out there that is known for its lack of noise or is the V6 Vivid the way to go?
LPF is Low Pass Filter - it cuts off high ( inaudible ) frequencies.
Normally a warmer OP-AMp is recomended here, the most common is OPA3124. Also the stock NE5532 works fine - if you have Basic version.
But I use V6 Vivid in LPF and I hear no noise. I've tested also V6 Classic and again no noise.
Are your headphones so bright or extremelly sensitive ? Because even when using sensitive IEM's I hear no noise.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2018 at 3:46 AM Post #824 of 1,256
If you want a warmer souding opamp on the LPF stage, I suggest try LME49720 or OPA2192 or even the OPA1652.

For I/V I prefer the OPA2209 or the LME49720.

For gain I am set on OPA209. I didn't like the V6 Vivids, hopefully I'll like the V6 Classics as the described signature looks favorable to me.

Oct 25, 2018 at 5:49 AM Post #825 of 1,256
LME49720 is quite bright actually. Might be noisy in LPF.

I used it in I/V on my Asus STX - they were the best here before I've changed with V5i, but when I was using it in LPF I got noise. For LPF I used OPA2132 ( or 2134 - they are the same ) or Muses 02, for a more black background. And the STX had a warm, laid-back DAC. ESS Dac is brighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back