New Bryston BDA-2 DAC Impressions Thread
Aug 23, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #166 of 181
Gents, im planning to get BDA-2. Its written in some description that PSU for analouge and digital routes are separated thereas on the photo i see only one tranformer.

Aug 23, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #167 of 181
Gents, im planning to get BDA-2. Its written in some description that PSU for analouge and digital routes are separated thereas on the photo i see only one tranformer.

Multiple windings on the main transformer with separated rectification, filtration and regulation for digital and analog. It's a wonderful DAC!

Oct 30, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #169 of 181
Dec 28, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #170 of 181
Hi, I have a BDA-2 Dac and was wondering if there has ever been new firmware available for it.

If there is, where would I get this firmware from, and what would it bring in improvements if any?

Thanks

Dec 31, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #172 of 181
That would be all very good if there was an ethernet port on a BDA-2 and such a method but there isn't! :)

Not to worry, posted elsewhere and established there have been no firmware upgrades.

Jun 3, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #177 of 181
I had a BDA-2, and went from that to a Mytek Brooklyn Dac+ powered from an sBooster MkII linear power supply.

I liked the BDA-2 but changed as it freed me from needing a pre-amp (I was using an ATC SCA2) and that was only made possible when I dropped using my last remaining analogue source.

The Mytec is better.

That probably doesn't help! Well, I know it doesn't as the BDA-3 is a completely different beast :) The specification looks really good though, DSD512 ability etc

Personally, I wouldn't be interested in some of the BDA-3 functions at all such as the HDMI.

I was going to look at a Denafrips too.

In the end, I decided I'd also rather not have too much money tied up in a Dac, there are better places in the system for me to spend money. Time always tells, and it's always what a whole system and room sounds like that matters. Mine I'm quite happy with for now.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #178 of 181
I had a BDA-2, and went from that to a Mytek Brooklyn Dac+ powered from an sBooster MkII linear power supply.

I liked the BDA-2 but changed as it freed me from needing a pre-amp (I was using an ATC SCA2) and that was only made possible when I dropped using my last remaining analogue source.

The Mytec is better.

That probably doesn't help! Well, I know it doesn't as the BDA-3 is a completely different beast :) The specification looks really good though, DSD512 ability etc

Personally, I wouldn't be interested in some of the BDA-3 functions at all such as the HDMI.

I was going to look at a Denafrips too.

In the end, I decided I'd also rather not have too much money tied up in a Dac, there are better places in the system for me to spend money. Time always tells, and it's always what a whole system and room sounds like that matters. Mine I'm quite happy with for now.
Thanks. I use the bha1 as a headphone amp and preamp so I'm good that way.

Jun 5, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #179 of 181
Alright bought the bda3! Very excited, however the bryston.com/drivers link is dead to get the driver for my windows 7 laptop. Any ideas where I might find said driver?

Jun 6, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #180 of 181
Alright bought the bda3! Very excited, however the bryston.com/drivers link is dead to get the driver for my windows 7 laptop. Any ideas where I might find said driver?

http://support.bryston.com/downloads/

I'm about to buy a used BDA-2 and have been reading this thread. I found the USB drivers are at the above link in the "USB Drivers" folder.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back