New Bryston BDA-2 DAC Impressions Thread
Nov 6, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #152 of 181

You are the perfect person to review it! Can't wait for that....

Thanks man! Looking forward to it. Frank Cooter's comments were my tipping point when I read them on the Hex Thread. 

You would have ordered it anyway....
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #154 of 181
Nov 7, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #156 of 181

ETA based on FedEx is tomorrow. I gotta admit though I'm a bit ticked that Byrston released the BDA-3 only a year after the BDA-2 though. Ah well, such is this hobby...my BDA-2 is already sold, but I can hold on to it over the weekend for some comparisons. 

But why did you sell it so fast?  How do you know you will like the HEX better?

Nov 7, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #157 of 181

But why did you sell it so fast?  How do you know you will like the HEX better?

A few reasons:

1.) A few months back I guess my son was playing with the LEDs on my BDA-2 and turned off the upsampling. Almost immediately I thought...dang, my setup sounds particularly open and transparent. Then on a quick investigation, I noticed the upsampling was off. I hadn't really played around with it that much actually. I turned it back on and the sound went south...more closed in and less "clean". So that kicked off my NOS DAC research that invariably led me to the Hex.

2.) Bryston after only a year announced the BDA-3 recently (like last week), so I knew the writing was on the wall for my BDA-2.

3.) http://www.head-fi.org/t/624003/metrum-nos-hex-flagship-dac/360#post_11025184 

tongue.gif

I will have my BDA-2 over the weekend. Even if I prefer it, then I was still planning on moving along; and I will...so then Hex would then go...and I've got my eye on a few other DACs. 
wink.gif

Good news, the Hex arrived this morning...more to come....(on the Hex thread).

Nov 8, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #158 of 181
As someone who mainly does computer audio, I just wanted to report that Audiophilleo 1 + Pure Power has completely transformed my listening experience through the Bryston. It is a night and day difference compared to the USB input of BDA2. A/B testing was quick and easy- the differences could be heard in the first few secs of a song. 

Nov 8, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #159 of 181

ETA based on FedEx is tomorrow. I gotta admit though I'm a bit ticked that Byrston released the BDA-3 only a year after the BDA-2 though. Ah well, such is this hobby...my BDA-2 is already sold, but I can hold on to it over the weekend for some comparisons. 

BDA 3??? Slipped my radar

Nov 9, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #162 of 181

Users who are viewing this thread

Back