New Boston meet thread
Jul 10, 2003 at 11:08 PM Post #17 of 36
Should be Harvard Sq area. I'm currently two blocks from Fenway and I'm gonna miss it when I can't just walk to a game. Or interact with the drunken crowds on the way to dinner.

Jul 11, 2003 at 7:12 PM Post #18 of 36
Now you can interact with the drunken hobos on the street when coming home.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 14, 2003 at 5:48 PM Post #19 of 36
Just a little bump. There's an interested party that would like to come but wouldn't be able to come in September -- is there anyone around who hasn't seen this thread who now might be able to host in Boston in August?

Jul 15, 2003 at 1:51 AM Post #20 of 36
hmm...I'll be coming to Cambridge for school in *late* August. It'd be neat to meet all the local head-fi people if the timing works out, although I'm most likely going to be busy with the new school year.

also, I have pretty much nothing to bring and no way to bring it, unless people want to hear an ipod, etymotics 4p, and a homemade 4p->4s adaptor
tongue.gif

Jul 16, 2003 at 1:38 PM Post #22 of 36
A host should be willing to let a few relative strangers into his house as well as have room for putting out the headphone gear. It also depends on the size of the meet -- I figure it's up to the host to determine this. If someone is only willing to have about three or four people at his house, that can be arranged to be a mini-meet, and then someone with more room would be able to host a larger meet later with, say, ten people attending with gear.

The host can decide how it works, though a larger meet can be better because then we can try to borrow interesting equipment from manufacturers like Headroom or from other members.

Jul 16, 2003 at 11:16 PM Post #23 of 36
Quote:

That sounds cool -- as long as Rick can make it!

uh oh
rolleyes.gif

sept is actually looking better for the rickmonster at this time but i wouldn't want to screw up any plans so let's see how this shakes out

cool.gif

Aug 24, 2003 at 12:01 AM Post #24 of 36
So, I finally got my new place. I'm gonna be out of town for a bit, but I'll be back in mid september. I could probably host something for a weekend in late Sept. If this works for people we can begin to set up more definite plans.

Sep 24, 2003 at 8:58 AM Post #25 of 36
I'd be up for going to a meet in september, or october, or whenever, in fact. And jacobh's place is right near where I live.

Sep 24, 2003 at 9:20 PM Post #26 of 36
There's going to be a CT meet in mid-October and this weekend is Rosh Hashanah (Jewish New Year) so I won't be able to attend this weekend. How about let's plan for late October or early November for a Boston meet?

And Jacob, congrats on the new pad. How many people could you comfortably fit inside?

Oct 9, 2003 at 7:00 PM Post #27 of 36
so are we definitely doing this thing? should we set a date?

Oct 12, 2003 at 9:21 PM Post #28 of 36
It's been a while since I've been on head fi do to a lot things. Moving, starting a new job, etc. Anyway, I think we could comfortably fit at least 10 people or so at my place. Date wise the next two weekends don't work so well for me, but after that given some notice most weekends are fine. It's a little late, but Happy New Year (I'm Jewish myself) . Hopefully we'll be able to eventually do this thing.

Oct 27, 2003 at 7:39 AM Post #29 of 36
The Grado Labs meet is scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 8 so we shouldn't try to do it that weekend or before. Who can do late November? We could also try to do early December if necessary.

Oct 27, 2003 at 8:14 AM Post #30 of 36
late november is cool with me. really, anytime before the christmas holiday is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back