New Boston meet thread
May 27, 2003 at 5:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

DanG

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm back in Boston with all my gear and I think it'd be fun to have this meet we seem to have been half-heartedly planning for so long. I'm really only free on Sundays -- how many people would be able to do a Sunday meet one of these days? Unfortunately, I don't think I'd be able to host.

Please post your responses in this thread and if you want to post gear you could bring, even better! Anyone willing to host?

My stuff:

Meridian 508.20 CD player
Melos SHA-1 amp (with Amperex USA 7308s)
Grado HP-2 headphones
DH Labs Silver Sonic BL-1 Series2 and Air Matrix interconnects (both 1 meter long with RCA factory termination)

May 28, 2003 at 4:56 PM Post #2 of 36
hey dan

long time no see and we are overdue.

no guarantees man due to my whacky schedule and family life but I am definately interested

let's see where this goes

rick

*****EDIT******

no politics though
very_evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif

May 28, 2003 at 7:34 PM Post #3 of 36
That would be great! It's been just over two years now since HE01, huh. Let me know when you could make it and then we can schedule it around that time since you'd have to go pretty far.

May 29, 2003 at 5:16 PM Post #6 of 36
I'm interested.

Gear is notihng very impressive but I can bring the following:

Beyerdynamic DT250-80
Koss KSC35
Koss Portapros
2nd gen 10Gig iPod
RioVolt MP3/CD player
AR RCA-Mini cable if anyone is interested in connecting my portables through an amp

I could also try to prepare some blind A/B tests for CD vs MP3 if anyone is interested in format comparisons (ie burn some CDs with WAV and MP3->WAV or other format if requested/interested)

Sunday should work for me but advanced notice is requested due to family. I'm actually out west on RT 495 belt.

Lets see if we can get more interest and make this happen

May 30, 2003 at 10:36 PM Post #7 of 36
I could possibly contribute a X-Cans V2, Senn HD580s, and a Grado sr60 with some grattle in the right channel, and a panasonic ct-570. Most people here have probably heard these before.

Jun 12, 2003 at 9:36 PM Post #9 of 36
bump again

I'm looking at august after my (5th) annual canoe trip , second or third week .July is no shot at this point

(don't ask-35 guys, 18 canoes [one likes to go solo] three days with a bloody mary wakeup , and mary was not even invited)

Jun 13, 2003 at 12:57 PM Post #10 of 36
Let us know when you're having that trip so we can schedule around that. So I guess we're putting it off until August then? Can anyone possibly host around then?

Jun 16, 2003 at 10:32 PM Post #11 of 36
I do this every year with a bunch of knuckleheads on the first weekend of august

last year was the FIRST time the rickmonster actually took on water (actually went down dammit ! lost my tent,bag,COOLER SANK WITH 25 LEFT ! Binoculars and two folding chairs
cool.gif
)

so week two 'till anytime in early sept. should be cool for me

unless things complicate as they always do in the world of "murphy's law"

wink.gif

Jun 16, 2003 at 10:44 PM Post #12 of 36
Maybe this time you should save the beers for the meet so they don't get wasted?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Anyway, let's do the second weekend of August then... any later might be bad because I'm not yet sure when I'll be leaving for my foreign adventures of next year.

Jul 1, 2003 at 3:08 PM Post #14 of 36
If this meet happens, it will be in about five-seven weeks. If it's going to be a big meet, that means there need to be big numbers.

Okay, so it's not going to be a big meet. Is there anyone new who hasn't checked in yet who would be interested for the second or third Sunday of August? Would anyone be able to host? Is there someone who'd be willing to host a mini-meet (4-5 Head-Fiers max)?

Please let me know personally if you'd prefer. My e-mail address is currently:
dan_gross_2001[at]buacademy[dot]org

Users who are viewing this thread

Back