new BMW?
Sep 19, 2005 at 4:55 AM Post #47 of 73
Very nice! Now to keep it clean and free of dents and scratches...

Sep 19, 2005 at 5:12 AM Post #48 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Very nice! Now to keep it clean and free of dents and scratches...

Tell me about it!
NV may be the dustiest damn state there is and it's already got a nice coat of pollen on it now. Oh well.
Black looks lousy fast but it always rewards a good wash. Whaddaya gunna du?
CPW

Sep 19, 2005 at 10:46 AM Post #49 of 73
Looks great. You are very courageous to buy black! It's so beautiful, and so difficult. I almost bought black for my present car, but chickened out and bought silver. So much salt here in the winter time, black looks like it's never been washed before I have driven two miles. If I were in a more mild climate, I'd be all over it, though. Gorgeous!

Sep 19, 2005 at 1:24 PM Post #50 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoochile
Looks great. You are very courageous to buy black! It's so beautiful, and so difficult. I almost bought black for my present car, but chickened out and bought silver. So much salt here in the winter time, black looks like it's never been washed before I have driven two miles. If I were in a more mild climate, I'd be all over it, though. Gorgeous!

Silver was my first choice too but when looking for a very specific model, used, in a somewhat isolated market, you kinda roll w/ the punches. It was by far the cleanest, lowest mile (16K) used 330xi I found. It was out of my budget too but I just couldn't bear to let it get away! As in audio, I nver met a budget that wasn't meant to be broken,
icon10.gif

CPW

Sep 19, 2005 at 2:00 PM Post #51 of 73
Nice ride! I like black cars and BMWs alot. The latest BMWs styling is not to my likings (6, 7 series), but they drive fine. When it comes to driving they're the ultimate driving machine as claimed. No chance Audi/Lexus/Benz/Saab/Volvo/Caddy would topple the 3 series...It's the quintessential benchmark in its segment. Every other companies tried to take the 3 series on, but no avail yet for nearly 30 years.

Mar 29, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #53 of 73
Mar 30, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #57 of 73
How's the warranty on that Audi?

My family had one some years back. It was dependable in the sense that it needed to go in every three weeks.

It was fun to drive when it was running.

Mar 30, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #59 of 73
Only one year?

Oil wasn't the problem.  It was usually electrical gremlins.  And I don't know who thought it a good idea to put the battery under the back seat.

My cynical side thinks that Audi implements poor designs so they can make a lot of money on repairs.

Mar 31, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #60 of 73
I would def go with an IS350. BMWs, Audis, Infinitis, Volvos all great cars.  But Lexus has them all beat in reliability and smooth ride.  The others may be more fun but the smoothness of a lexus cant be matched

Users who are viewing this thread

Back