New BLOX earbuds "coming soon"
Nov 8, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #136 of 153

Quote:
Just leave 'em playing for a couple of days :)

Yeah, I found the PK3's became quite warm after burn-in. One of my favourite buds ever! They do everything well IMO.
My new TFTA buds are also doing nicely after 25hrs of play time. Sound stage not as big as PK3 but the low end is the most robust I have ever heard from buds.

Nov 11, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #137 of 153
I'm not a big fan of leaving phones playing while I'm not there, so I've just used the PK3s normally for the last three days, that's about five hours or so per day.

I can't say if the PK3s have gotten less bright, but they're still clearly brighter than the M2C. It's not a small difference. They don't sound broken or anything, just brighter than the M2C.

I did a quick test with SineGen to see about the bass extension, and it seems, according to my ears, the PK3 may go a few Hz lower than the M2C. In actual use (i.e. in this song -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLHprjp403c from 1:34 or so), the M2C instead goes lower than the PK3 while still keeping the bass notes fast. I didn't really compare the bass beyond that one song, and even that was just something I noticed by accident, but in any case the M2C did better bass-wise in that particular (YouTube) situation.

Overall, I still think the M2C sounds "more expensive" than the PK3. The M2C has a fuller, more lush sound while the PK3 is (still) on the brighter side in comparison. That's not to say the PK3 is bad; it's not.

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #138 of 153
I was considering purchasing these, but on their website (which was hard enough to find!) it says out of stock, and I emailed them 5 days ago and haven't gotten a reply.  They sound great for the price, but it seems like they're impossible to acquire!

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #139 of 153
For good burn in within a reasonable period of time, you need greater than normal listening volume. Not to the point that the earphone distorts, but loud enough to make a difference. With normal listening volume, break in might take 5x as long. Why listen to the sound before it is fully broken in?

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #140 of 153
Sadly I have to report, after 5 months of usage the right earbud ( driver ?) has failed.   It might be my fault since I left them underneath my pillow to many times :)  ....  So right now I am back to the PK2s.

I sent Woo (Blox owner) a email and I'm sure at some point in time I will get a reply.

IF and when Blox have more in stock I will probably buy 5 pairs and get a little group buy.  That would bring the cost down too $28 + shipping.  

Bargain @ twice the price, but don't tell BLOX that :)

Jan 12, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #141 of 153

I got an email back from Woo.  Says they won't be having any in stock until February or March due to the Chinese New Year.  I'm a little disappointed, but I guess it is what it is.  Gonna look for alternatives in the meantime.

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #142 of 153
The wires on my pair have become exposed from where the two individual cables join up. Doesn't seem to affect the sound and I taped over that part of the cable, but still.

To be honest, Mirth, they may or may not become available that soon. I believe Blox had some trouble with the availability of their previous product, and made similar but unfulfilled promises back then. But who knows.

Feb 11, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #143 of 153
theyre back in stock now!! I just checked.

Feb 11, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #147 of 153
I'm happy to organize a group buy.  PM me to get in. The price should be approximately $35 shipped within the US, and according to BLOX, they will be ready within the next two weeks.

edit: I've got 4 people in as of now.  One more and we are good to go.  I'll keep it open for a few days to try to get a larger order (and maybe a cheaper price, but not sure if that's possible yet).

Feb 13, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #149 of 153
Things are starting to shape up. There are 7 of us total at the moment. For 7 of us, the price, including shipping, will be $41 each. Shipping to me is a lot more than I anticipated. BLOX said they will be ready in 1-2 weeks. I will keep the group buy open for about a week and see if we can get more folks to join and bring the price down. 

For every person that joins, the price will drop 50 cents. 

Unfortunately, pricing doesn't work out cheaper if you are outside of the US or Canada. 

PM me if you want to join. 

Feb 14, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #150 of 153
You probably already read the reviews, I had one thing to add --  this BLOX earbuds does not add artificial effects to the sound (it is faithful to the music). Some new earbuds may have larger soundstage and extra airy, in return, you get less bass impacts and somewhat hollowed mid -- MSG added. Nothing wrong with either earbuds - your personal preference should come first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back