New BLOX earbuds "coming soon"
Oct 13, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #121 of 153
1. Light means that the bass is there, but in the background
2. All the Grado's I've heard (sr80i is not among those) has way more bass impact than the M2C. It's not a fair comparison, earbuds seldom have much bass. 

Quote:
Sorry I'm quite new to headphone.
1.does light means natural punchy bass?
2.I own a grado sr80i, how does the bass on the m2c compare to this headphone?

Oct 15, 2011 at 7:23 AM Post #125 of 153
I would like to hear the PK2, just for comparison but I can say the M2C is seriously a high-end earbud.
Currently got around 90 hours or so in my pair right now. Comparing this with the best AKG... is a slaughter. And the MX880 in comparison is just hollow... not to mention uncomfortable.
The M2C does easily reveal the source and amp, driving it from my rockboxed Clip+ or my Matrix mini-i makes a ton of difference (especially when using 24-bits for the connection).
Not only is the Matrix so much more smooth and detailed, it has way more prat and the bass sounds really good. Not to mention that the Clip+ produces a "mini-orchestra" sound while the Mini-i delivers a much much larger image.

Just listening to Modest Mussorgsky's "Night on bald mountain" and the M2C do an impressive job of conveying the scale and sound of the orchestra. And switching over to the "The world ends with you" OST and "Gimme all your love" which is my test for rounded- full punch bass the M2C is seriously impressive. It does need a bit of equing though because at flat bass is a tad weak. But quality is top notch and a 3dB boost will do wonders.
Instruments come across very natural and live, rolling drums can actually be felt. Very speedy little bud.

So in my conclusion the M2C is an incredible piece of equipment, especially for the asking price. You will hear whatever you put in, good or bad.
*in best Mortal Kombat voice: "Impressive"

Oct 21, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #126 of 153
I wonder if there's been some amount of demand for these earphones already?

I placed my order last Monday, and a day or so later received word that they'd be shipped out next Monday. Not a huge delay or anything, but might be an indication of something I guess.

What I'm not sure of is how reliable Blox's shipping estimates are, seeing as how the availability of the TM5 seemed to have been a problem last year.

Oct 24, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #128 of 153
Wow, didn't even know they were now sent out individually. Sure, quite some mark-up but $47 is still a sweeeeet price, especially shipping included.

If you are interested, get em. Very sound at a low, low price. Now if someone just could give the bass more extension and body... haha, I guess I ask for magic.

Nov 3, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #130 of 153
I very much like the small cardboard box they come in (pictured here with the awesome AKG K 314 for size):

There's even a shipping datestamp in there, neat:

The M2C earbuds themselves look like good quality, but aesthetically they have nothing on the 314, so I didn't take a picture.

The size of the M2C is relatively big, but only slightly bigger than the 314. Some found the 314 big, but for me they both fit well.

The sound is very good, with the wide soundstage being the most notable aspect. Kinda like a strongly refined K 314 as it happens.

Too soon to say much more, but I should get the PK3 next week, so maybe I'll compare them then.

Nov 3, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #131 of 153

Quote:
I very much like the small cardboard box they come in (pictured here with the awesome AKG K 314 for size):

The M2C earbuds themselves look like good quality, but aesthetically they have nothing on the 314, so I didn't take a picture.

The size of the M2C is relatively big, but only slightly bigger than the 314. Some found the 314 big, but for me they both fit well.

The sound is very good, with the wide soundstage being the most notable aspect. Kinda like a strongly refined K 314 as it happens.

Too soon to say much more, but I should get the PK3 next week, so maybe I'll compare them then.

Deciding if i should order the M2C but since you are planning to do a comparison i can wait :]

Nov 8, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #132 of 153
Only spent about an hour with the PK3 now, but it seems clear the M2C and the PK3 are two different things: the PK3 are bright, while the M2C are relatively laid-back in comparison.

A notable aspect about the M2C is that, along the frequency range, they don't really do any single band particularly well in relation to the others. The lows don't stand out from the mids, which don't stand out from the highs, which don't stand out from the lows. Thus the M2C seem pretty well balanced – although vocals, after a few days' use, do still sound a bit nasal, but not much.

I've only just got the PK3 so it's hard to say much about them, but compared to the M2C, they've left a pretty mediocre first impression. The detail is roughly the same between them, and the bass is somewhat similar in quantity (haven't much compared the quality yet), but like I said, the PK3 sound a bit too bright, and the soundstage isn't as expansive. Then again, the PK3 sound a bit faster than the M2C, and they do vocals slightly better. Overall, the PK3 at this point sound like a good pair of earbuds, while the M2C have a different type of sound, one you'd expect from fuller-size phones (within reason).

The PK3 are smaller and slightly more comfortable.

My problem with the M2C is that the soundstage, while really good in giving a sense of width, doesn't have much depth at all. In fact, the M2C soundstage would be well represented by a line drawn from the left ear to the right ear and extended 20 cm at both ends. That's about what you get.

Between the PK3 and the M2C, it depends on what kind of sound you like. If you want bright, the M2C doesn't do as well as the PK3. If you want balance (for a reasonable price), get the M2C. If you can get the M2C for ~$30 via a group buy, get them regardless. For that price, they're awesome; for $47 (bought individually), they're pretty good, at least in my opinion.

(I don't use the foamies.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back