New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation
Feb 27, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #256 of 1,965
Been listening to the t5p2 for about a week now through mojo. These headphones sound wonderful to me on all genres I listen to (jazz, prog, electronic, classical, folk). However, I must say they are simply superb on jazz. Timbre is spot on, very balanced, nice extension on either end, bass is present and full, but not artificially so. Treble is detailed and extended without a hint of harshness to my ears. Mid range is very clear and emotional - vocals sound excellent. To my untrained ear, piano sounds like a piano (and all other instruments, but piano is hard for headphones), and usually I find, though I love the beyer sound, piano can sound metalic or edgy to me on most beyers. T5p2 pulls this off for me.

The t5p2 is what I wanted from my t70, just the perfect closed headphone for my music styles and equipment - of course YMMV.

Do you use them as portable and how do you find the sound leakage?

Feb 27, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #258 of 1,965

Been testing it out for you. I would not recommend this for use in a quit environment. Playing dark knight soundtrack, it is pretty audible up to about 5 feet. The bass port really allows for an open sound, but not very low leakage. They isolate very well, but do leak a fair amount. Good for my busy house, bad for your commute.

Feb 27, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #259 of 1,965

Been testing it out for you. I would not recommend this for use in a quit environment. Playing dark knight soundtrack, it is pretty audible up to about 5 feet. The bass port really allows for an open sound, but not very low leakage. They isolate very well, but do leak a fair amount. Good for my busy house, bad for your commute.

The only solution is to lower the volume, it reduces sound leakage significantly.  I can't do that with my other headphones where I need a specific listening level to hear all the details across entire FR.  Miraculously, with T5p.2 I lower the volume, adjust my listening "comfort" level, and still hear every detail
biggrin.gif
  Of course, YMMV.

Feb 27, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #260 of 1,965

Thanks for testing it, really appreciate it. It's a shame, apart from leakage sounds like a perfect can for me. I'm still going to audition it when it's available here.

Feb 27, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #261 of 1,965
Thanks for testing it, really appreciate it. It's a shame, apart from leakage sounds like a perfect can for me. I'm still going to audition it when it's available here.

Twister is right, it is easy to hear details St low levels which does not leak near as much. For me, though, I would always be worried about my volume in a public environment.

Feb 28, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #265 of 1,965
I notoced today that (i think because of the angles drivers) the imaging is dependant on the orientation of the pad on my head. If i turn my head either way, the drivers are slightly off center because of how my anatomy changes as i turn my head. The imaging follows that change, but with my head straigh imaging is spot on. Kinda of freaky how fine tuned these things are.

Feb 28, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #266 of 1,965
I notoced today that (i think because of the angles drivers) the imaging is dependant on the orientation of the pad on my head. If i turn my head either way, the drivers are slightly off center because of how my anatomy changes as i turn my head. The imaging follows that change, but with my head straigh imaging is spot on. Kinda of freaky how fine tuned these things are.

I also noticed when I have headband tilted a little forward off the top of my head, I get a better earpad seal.

Feb 29, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #269 of 1,965
Just curious, put aside the price difference how would you compare t5p.2 to t70p?

I really liked the t70 with brainwavz pleather pads on. Stock it lacks bass and impact, with the brainwavz it is very nice. It is a big hard to find a seal for me, but isolates well and does not leak like the t5p. I was actually going to get on here and recommend that headphone to you. It is brighter than the t5p2, but that did not bother me at all. From memory the t70 is very detailed, the t5p2 might have a smidge more detail but nothing you would notice on the go.

Feb 29, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #270 of 1,965
The t5p2 is in a different league than the t70. I'd prefer the 880 over the t70. I did a direct comparison with about 8 different amps and the 880 just seemed to always present the music as a whole much much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back