New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation
Aug 8, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #1,774 of 1,956
And why? The convenience of wireless, comfort or sound quality?
I couldn't care less about the wireless, I get it people gets confused because of the name. It can be used wired. The comfort and sound quality does it.
The Amiron W got something I can't explain, the sound quality is damn amazing and relaxed too. Of course the T5p does sound amazing too but the Amiron really got something and it's like the sounds are more realistic too.

Aug 8, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #1,775 of 1,956
stock pads have a small inner diameter that's for sure.
I have had the DT1770 before and a proper T5p.2 should sound wider and more holographic, the DT1770 is very up close and personal. Can't imagine the DT177X be far off from the DT1770 in that regard.
I hope the pads make a difference but sometimes it's just not the match between you and the headphones you hoped for.

The DT177X became proper after changing the stock velour pads with the included Dekoni Sheepskin ones. With the stock ones - it was bad. Very bad. No seal with the velours = no bass. The soundstage became wider with the included thicker replacement leather pads.

Maybe this is why you find the soundstage on your pair of DT1770 Pro was lacking? I have not listened to the DT1770. Only the Drop DT177X.

Aug 8, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #1,777 of 1,956
Out of curiosity, have you heard the Amiron Home as well? I'm wondering how the home and wireless compare, as I have the home and love it.
I own both ^^. Despite the same name Amiron, they definitely sounds very different from each other.
The Wireless is bright and yet not fatiguing at all, zero sibilance and the bass is not as strong as the Home version but it's definitely there. An important to note! If you'll get the Wireless version too, make sure to have the earpads on your ears so it will not leak bass. Due to design, it does leak bass when it's not put right on the ears. According to other owners it also depends on shape of your head. As for me, I use Geekria earpads to protect the pads and to enhance comfort.

I once read someone returned the Amiron W Copper because it has zero bass. That dude probably had no idea and didn't read any review before buying it.

Aug 8, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #1,778 of 1,956
I own both ^^. Despite the same name Amiron, they definitely sounds very different from each other.
The Wireless is bright and yet not fatiguing at all, zero sibilance and the bass is not as strong as the Home version but it's definitely there. An important to note! If you'll get the Wireless version too, make sure to have the earpads on your ears so it will not leak bass. Due to design, it does leak bass when it's not put right on the ears. According to other owners it also depends on shape of your head. As for me, I use Geekria earpads to protect the pads and to enhance comfort.

I once read someone returned the Amiron W Copper because it has zero bass. That dude probably had no idea and didn't read any review before buying it.
Interesting. I could be tempted to try them. I'm not a fan of the Amiron pads. I replaced mine with the balanced pads from the DT 1990, I liked the analytical on my 1990. gave the Amiron a much better seal, look better, and doesn't negatively impact the sound. I thoroughly recommend trying them, and imagine they'd be a great fit for the wireless.

Aug 15, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #1,780 of 1,956
I think I did. It think it sounds slightly less detailed and I noticed on some tracks that the imaging / soundstage seemed to be reduced. As is often the case with this stuff I wasn't 100 percent sure if it was in my head. It was a five minute job with a pair of scissors. Glad I did it as it looks better if nothing else. Like being able to see those angled drivers! 😃

Having tried the original pads back on afterwards I can't tell a difference now.

Thanks for the comments. After using these for awhile I did notice a drop in the treble and mid with the Dekoni Elite Sheepskin (which I assumed should be similar to the choice) so it is a no-go for me. When I look at the frequency response charts published by Dekoni my experience was consistent with the graphs. I haven't cut out the cloth isolation. It sounds like your experience with the Dekonis before cutting the membrane may have been similar to my experience.

I'm back using my totally messed up original T5p pads (the coating has partially peeled of due to high humidity) but I may go back to the Dekonis and see if cutting out the cloth membrane makes a difference.

Aug 15, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #1,782 of 1,956
In meanwhile my T5p.2 is glad it's not cut in pieces like being cut by Freddy Krueger lol

Thanks for the comments. After using these for awhile I did notice a drop in the treble and mid with the Dekoni Elite Sheepskin (which I assumed should be similar to the choice) so it is a no-go for me. When I look at the frequency response charts published by Dekoni my experience was consistent with the graphs. I haven't cut out the cloth isolation. It sounds like your experience with the Dekonis before cutting the membrane may have been similar to my experience.

I'm back using my totally messed up original T5p pads (the coating has partially peeled of due to high humidity) but I may go back to the Dekonis and see if cutting out the cloth membrane makes a difference.

What about the included case to protect the T5p?

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #1,784 of 1,956
Don't cut anything on the headphone! The stock pads are removable. It's the dekoni pads that I cut.

I'm taking no responsibility for you taking a knife to your £700 headphones. 😂
Not sure if you have missed the 'not' in my reply :p
In meanwhile my T5p.2 is glad it's not cut

Users who are viewing this thread

Back