New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation
Jun 24, 2020 at 7:52 AM Post #1,726 of 1,956
I've ordered these to find out myself :) Will probably take a while getting them from China but I'm no hurry. Choice leather Dekoni pads are a blessing.
Arrived today after 7 weeks. Worst quality leather I've ever felt. I feel deeply sorry for the sheep that gave it's life for this nonsense.
The back as shown on the marketing picture is nothing compared to the real backside.
Fit and form is OK though. I'll be trying them out on my T5p for the next few days but first impressions are sub par.

Jul 10, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #1,731 of 1,956
Arrived today after 7 weeks. Worst quality leather I've ever felt. I feel deeply sorry for the sheep that gave it's life for this nonsense.
The back as shown on the marketing picture is nothing compared to the real backside.
Fit and form is OK though. I'll be trying them out on my T5p for the next few days but first impressions are sub par.
I spent some more them with em, sound quality is excellent and as said the fit is ok, they don't bother me. Compared to the pleather pads they build up a lot less sweat. Then again it's 18°c here for the last week instead of the 28°c when I reviewed them last time around :)

Jul 10, 2020 at 11:26 PM Post #1,732 of 1,956
I spent some more them with em, sound quality is excellent and as said the fit is ok, they don't bother me. Compared to the pleather pads they build up a lot less sweat. Then again it's 18°c here for the last week instead of the 28°c when I reviewed them last time around :)

https://cdn.head-fi.org/a/11232105.jpg

Yes, the back sides of these pads are not pretty with many wrinkles. The good point for also using sheep skin instead of stretchable pleather on the backs is the pads will last for many more years. They are the only real leather pads I found on the market which retain the stock sound.

Jul 15, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #1,733 of 1,956
They fit. if it works sound wise is a different question, think some people have tried it before.

I’m interested in this too. Considering buying the T5P Gen 2 but I read in a review that the stock pads might be a little small for those with large ears. I have a spare set of Dekoni sheepskin fenestrated pads that I bought for my T1.2 but never used them with those. I’m hoping they will fit the T5P Gen 2 if the stock ones are too small.

Jul 17, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #1,734 of 1,956
Today I joined the beyerdynamic T5p 2nd Gen family. I already have a variety of beyerdynamic IEMs and headphones - iDX160 in-ears, T51i on-ears, Xelento in-ears and T1.2 over-ears.

I bought the T5p.2 specifically for travel and walking.

After just a few minutes I found the stock pads quite awful. They caused my ears to get hot and sweaty. I had a spare pair of T1.2 stock pads and these seemed very similar to the stock T5p.2 pads apart from having a velour coating rather than pleather. Being the same profile, these kept the same sound signature but are a lot more comfortable. Pad-rolling on the T5p is a nightmare - it took me over an hour to get one of the T1.2 pads onto the T5p.2.

Initial impressions are that they are quite detailed but a little bass-light. I'm using UAPP with the Morphit correction add-on and this helps immensely. They don't feel too heavy on the head with a decent clamping force, and I can go for walks whilst wearing them without any issues.

I did try my spare pair of Dekoni Elite Sheepskin Fenestrated pads but they ruined the sound, which was very disappointing. The sound became light with no low end at all. So, I'll keep the T1.2 pads on for now until I find better replacements.

My T1.2 headphones were transformed with Dekoni Elite Velour earpads so these may be an option for the T5p.2.

Jul 17, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #1,735 of 1,956
Today I joined the beyerdynamic T5p 2nd Gen family. I already have a variety of beyerdynamic IEMs and headphones - iDX160 in-ears, T51i on-ears, Xelento in-ears and T1.2 over-ears.

After just a few minutes I found the stock pads quite awful. They caused my ears to get hot and sweaty. I had a spare pair of T1.2 stock pads and these seemed very similar to the stock T5p.2 pads apart from having a velour coating rather than pleather. Being the same profile, these kept the same sound signature but are a lot more comfortable. Pad-rolling on the T5p is a nightmare - it took me over an hour to get one of the T1.2 pads onto the T5p.2.

Initial impressions are that they are quite detailed but a little bass-light. I'm using UAPP with the Morphit correction add-on and this helps immensely. They don't feel too heavy on the head with a decent clamping force, and I can go for walks whilst wearing them without any issues.

I did try my spare pair of Dekoni Elite Sheepskin Fenestrated pads but they ruined the sound, which was very disappointing. The sound became light with no low end at all. So, I'll keep the T1.2 pads on for now until I find better replacements.

My T1.2 headphones were transformed with Dekoni Elite Velour earpads so these may be an option for the T5p.2.
Try the non-Fenestrated pads from Dekoni. Fenestrated is for open back alone, I believe. The stock pads do expand, so keep trying. They're not ideal, I admit.

Jul 18, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #1,737 of 1,956
I also purchased a set of Dekoni (Choice Leather) for my T5p...and those are the most comfortable pads I have ever used. They are so soft. Isolation is good with these. I think (if not imagining things) that the mid-bass was boosted a bit.

I found this from a UK site and there is a Beyerdynamic DT series option:

https://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk/dekoni-audio-choice-leather-series-replacement-earpads.html

Are those the ones you are referring to? Of note is that these are still pleather faced, so not real leather.

Jul 18, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #1,739 of 1,956

That's unfortunate about the earpads of the T5p.2. You could have get the earpads covers from Geekria and save yourself from a lot of headache and stress like changing the earpads. The earpads covers from Geekria are a godsent for pleather.

The T5p.2 is indeed bass-light but it change after time and bass will get just right.

Jul 18, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #1,740 of 1,956

If you like the T1.2 pads enough, go get the DT1770 velour pads for your T5p.2 and they will restore some bass comparing with the T1.2 pads. The DT1770 velour pads are what I put on my T5p, making them sounding a lot like my T1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back