New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Jan 16, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #3,136 of 3,924
Good battery life. Maybe 12 to 14 hours. Definitely worth it! Get a cable with 2.5mm and you can use the T1 portably balanced

I'm seeing a lot of positive reviews about it. It basically turns any earphone/headphone into bluetooth version which comes in handy for me. Does it drive high impedance headphones with ease or difficult? For you it's fine using your T1.2? I see one person says it doesn't drive his HD650 fine without an amplifier.

What are the differences between the 3.5mm unbalanced and 2.5mm balanced? 2.5mm is not really the standard like the 3.5mm.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #3,137 of 3,924
I got one final question before I gonna make a decision and of course also out of curiousity because of the efficiency. Can any proud owner of the T1.2 confirm if a phone or any other portable device is able to drive this headphone without using dac/amp?

I have been able to drive it off of my S9+ which doesn't have the strongest internal amp in the world but it worked fine putting it at higher volumes. However, you can tell it could still use more power which was apparent as the performance went up when it was plugged into more powerful sources. In a nutshell, you'll want an amp but you can get by without one for these. They're quite effecient for something with 600ohms of impedence.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 11:53 PM Post #3,138 of 3,924
Good battery life. Maybe 12 to 14 hours. Definitely worth it! Get a cable with 2.5mm and you can use the T1 portably balanced
lg v30 here without amp still sounds pretty good. Listen to the T1.2 on the Hiby R6 sounds even better.

enjoy,

jhv

Jan 18, 2020 at 8:24 PM Post #3,139 of 3,924
Having an epiphany at Casa Buchanan after the new Burson Audio Conductor 3X arrived. It's simply turbo-powered the Beyerdynamic T1 Gen. 2 - the bottom end is more present (was the Mytek DAC 192 under-powered for the Beyer?) and deep bass can really startle now. The upper-middle is far less bright than it was with the Mytek The sound-stage has become more enveloping - the sound picture is a single unit, rather than many separate bits. Dynamics are superbly rendered too. The Neumann NDH20 is even better, too. I'm going to have to try the Balanced out connection at some stage to really see the Burson stretch out its stride. I've been experiencing a headphone renaissance!
Anybody with the Beyerdynamic T1/ T1 Gen. 2 - do yourself a favour and get a Burson Conductor 3 or 3x. It's that good and allows the headphone - whichever one - to shine

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #3,142 of 3,924
T90's are known for their piercing highs. The T1.2 is more neutral in that department.
The T1.2 is a very good allrounder at a good price point now
100% agreed. I love my T1.2!

Jan 24, 2020 at 10:30 PM Post #3,144 of 3,924

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2020 at 3:29 AM Post #3,145 of 3,924
I meant more in terms of technical ability, better mid presence would be great too
I used to own T90’s. The T1.2 is a very different beast, with a very different sound-signature.
Yes, you’ll get more mid presence, but there is a lower-mid ‘hump’ that is a bit like Marmite - you’ll either love it, or you’ll hate it.
i would give the T1.2 an audition, but be prepared for a very different experience to your T90’s. Also, I think it takes some time to appreciate the T1.2’s strengths, and weaknesses.

Jan 27, 2020 at 11:18 PM Post #3,147 of 3,924
Ordered an OFC 4-wire 4-pin XLR headphone cable for the Beyerdynamic T1 Gen. 2 from Arctic Cables. It will be interesting to hear the differences.

Jan 31, 2020 at 3:57 AM Post #3,149 of 3,924
Ordered an OFC 4-wire 4-pin XLR headphone cable for the Beyerdynamic T1 Gen. 2 from Arctic Cables. It will be interesting to hear the differences.

Interesting, seems the quality of the wire may be a downgrade though. The T1 2nd Gen come with a 7N OCC copper cable, which is from a very reputable supplier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back