New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Oct 1, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #3,077 of 3,911
They may just not be to your liking, my t1.2 blk sounds great with all types of music..

Oct 2, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #3,078 of 3,911
It’s not a large difference, just noticed a minor change in the headphone being more laid-back with a bit less presence in the upper frequencies, whereas I found the T1.2 cable on the Amiron Home to be a little more forward. My experience with cables have always been more subtle differences. Sometimes it’s a slight volume difference and other times subtle presentation differences. I mainly just like the suppleness of the Amiron Home cable more.

T1 2nd Gen uses a 7n OCC copper cable, that could be why the lower quality of the Amiron cable sounds a little more relaxed.

Oct 3, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #3,079 of 3,911
Sounds like my experience with my first T1.2’s as your impressions mirror my experience with my first T1.2, I believe it had a similar serial number. Which I sold in the past, too harsh and tinny sounding for gaming and electronic music. Interestingly my new pair sounds very different and I listen to a lot of electronic music and I also game, not even remotely harsh, tinny, or piercing. In fact it’s almost too mellow and warm sounding.

This is an example of a song that sounds absolutely shrill on my T1.2 (with Tiemstamp)

Machinae Supremacy - Player One - YouTube

In this pop song the backing is also completely nerve wrecking.

Échame La Culpa - YouTube

Tchaikosky, however, goes wonderful with the T1.
Julia Fischer - Tchaikovsky - Violin Concerto in D major, Op 35 - YouTube

Oct 3, 2019 at 4:12 AM Post #3,080 of 3,911
This is an example of a song that sounds absolutely shrill on my T1.2 (with Tiemstamp)

Machinae Supremacy - Player One - YouTube

In this pop song the backing is also completely nerve wrecking.

Échame La Culpa - YouTube

Tchaikosky, however, goes wonderful with the T1.
Julia Fischer - Tchaikovsky - Violin Concerto in D major, Op 35 - YouTube

That link is poor quality which is part of the cause of the shrillness, it's tolerable though, but other videos of that song are smoother and less shrill.

Second song is not harsh or shrill in the slightest on mine.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #3,081 of 3,911
Well today marks 90 days with my t1.2 blk and I think they've spoiled me, their now my favorites wish I'd got them a year earlier would have saved some money. These hp's are absolutely great sounding..

Oct 19, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #3,083 of 3,911
question:
What will happened if I unscrew the bolts and pull off the driver of this headphones?
I though to try it on another headphones.
JN9dMcw.jpg

from this picture I guess that it will be fatal if I pull the driver off
30684597136_f3a5d56f55_c.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #3,087 of 3,911
Do you have a bad driver in one of your hp's ?
I bough them year ago with different drivers on both sides (gen1 on left and gen2 on right)
they not so much different but...
I though to do some experiments and put the 50mm drivers on another headphones,
but now when I understand that the drivers is unmovable then I will leave them as is.
maximum that I can do is to pull the material from both drivers but then they will be uncovered and could damage.

I also bought some T1 gen1 pair with gen2 drivers (someone tell me that this headphones calls gen1.5)

I have some other headphones that I want to mod them with 50mm drivers. but for this moment my plans not go well.

for me T1 is perfect! but not enough bass as I wanted.
*I'm big fan of DT880!and they somehow sound more relax then T1

I also planned to do some mini-xlr 4pin "unpluged cable" mod on this headphones

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 1:33 AM Post #3,088 of 3,911
Hi guys! Just got a pair of open box T1.2 recently and I have been very happy with it. The level of detail is crazily good, but the treb still kills me on certain genre of music. I have been using the entry level JDS Atom to drive it. Just curious, what is a good, sensible amp upgrade for the T1 that will drive it to full potential and hopefully reduce the treble without breaking the bank?

Oct 21, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #3,089 of 3,911
Hi guys! Just got a pair of open box T1.2 recently and I have been very happy with it. The level of detail is crazily good, but the treb still kills me on certain genre of music. I have been using the entry level JDS Atom to drive it. Just curious, what is a good, sensible amp upgrade for the T1 that will drive it to full potential and hopefully reduce the treble without breaking the bank?

I personally have zero problems with the treble on the T1.2 on my Schiit Asgard 3 Multibit and I also have a HD 6XX so you know where I'm coming from in terms of treble, if anything the T1.2 is darker(more relaxed mids) and more fluid sounding with somewhat more treble(there is some energy in the upper treble like most Beyers but I find it's treble texture very soft), the T1.2 is a bit on the u-shaped side compared to the Senns. Both are on the soft sounding side overall, but I find the HD 6XX can get a bit shouty in the mids at higher volumes while the T1.2 can get a mild bite in the treble at higher volumes(not enough to bother me though). Neither bother me at all in the treble regardless of the genre. Something like the Lyr 3, Beyer A20, and of course various OTL amps may drive it better though.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 4:33 AM Post #3,090 of 3,911
Personally i find that swapping amps rarely help with the beyer treble. I've tried it with the felik audio tube amps which didnt do much for them. I just eq mine especially in the 8k region and it sounds good enough to me. No idea if this worsens the quality of music or anything but it sure saves me quite a fair bit of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back