New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Sep 9, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #3,031 of 3,925
After getting the t1 I barely listen to the amiron tbh...may prefer it more bassy music but again for gaming I use the amiron...not going to pull out my most expensive can all the time...I only dream of getting a pristine condition dt 48 someday in my damn life

I understand that, I haven't heard a T1.1 in a very long time, not really sure how it sounds anymore. Yeah, the DT 48 is an acquired taste stock honestly, lacks bass presence, basically all mids, has some resonance that needs to controlled, but at the same time there is a strange rightness to it.

Sep 9, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #3,032 of 3,925
I understand that, I haven't heard a T1.1 in a very long time, not really sure how it sounds anymore. Yeah, the DT 48 is an acquired taste stock honestly, lacks bass presence, basically all mids, has some resonance that needs to controlled, but at the same time there is a strange rightness to it.
Im putting the treble out of the comparison so Im talking about the mids only which I think in both the t1.1 and t1.2 are quite similar, only the treble is slightly less on the t1.1 ...

Sep 9, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #3,033 of 3,925
Remember, world war dead people can hear u listening to the dt48 !!

Sep 9, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #3,034 of 3,925
Im putting the treble out of the comparison so Im talking about the mids only which I think in both the t1.1 and t1.2 are quite similar, only the treble is slightly less on the t1.1 ...

So mainly different in the bass and treble I take it but mids are quite similar then. Need to listen to the T1.1 compared to the T1.2 whenever I get the chance.

Remember, world war dead people can hear u listening to the dt48 !!

I'm honestly still baffled the original dynamic headphone driver is still one of the best dynamic drivers ever made, not many have heard it's potential though. There's some weird voodoo going on with the DT 48/480 driver, they don't seem to stop improving with modding and better systems, just when I think something else may sound better, a couple tweaks to further complete it and it pulls ahead more than I even expect. I need to go to a headphone meet sometime and bring them along, they are a constant work in progress for me.

Sep 9, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #3,035 of 3,925
Honestly really can't listen to the Amiron Home much anymore due to the T1.2, it just suits me better. The emotional connection is just stronger and it simply sounds more 'real'. Only other headphone I can listen to anymore is my modded DT 480 which is a little darker than the Amiron Home, but has much more present mids and a meatier more solid sound while resolving a bit more and more 3-dimensional in it's imaging than the T1.2. The DT 480 is even better with vocals and the emotional connection than the T1.2 though, the vocals are so rich, solid, soulful, and pure sounding. But that headphone is actually too addicting and distracting to listen to, I get too absorbed into the music and time flies, lol. It's interesting comparing Beyers old flagship(DT 48/480) to their modern one(T1.2). The old flaghips tuning is incomplete stock, it's sound is unlike any other headphone, but to my ears it has the better driver; the T1.2 is a complete headphone from the get-go and has a more traditional hi-fi sound but still has that distinct Beyer flair to it's sound.
The T1.2's are great cans. Very absorbing.
I've always said that they're a 'bit like Marmite' when you first hear them. I think you either love them, or hate them on first listen.
But give them time, and they certainly reward IMO.

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #3,036 of 3,925
So mainly different in the bass and treble I take it but mids are quite similar then. Need to listen to the T1.1 compared to the T1.2 whenever I get the chance.
Yes man...t1 has time be the same...only the bass of version 1 is lighter but mainly the treble being to bright for some ppl led them to retune it and launch the t1.2.
Dt 48 is far more interesting topic for me
..that headphone was actually created to listen enemy's voices right ?? In some world war 2 games u can also spot a dt 48 headphone somewhere in the game if u play as the Nazi's... incredible headphone actually, I have always heard good things about it. But it's very hard to find one... some rare guy may show up on eBay with tremendously high price...still not a trust worthy... modding it would be even more risky for me...I would rather just keep it in the stock form lol...quite an antique item

I'm honestly still baffled the original dynamic headphone driver is still one of the best dynamic drivers ever made, not many have heard it's potential though. There's some weird voodoo going on with the DT 48/480 driver, they don't seem to stop improving with modding and better systems, just when I think something else may sound better, a couple tweaks to further complete it and it pulls ahead more than I even expect. I need to go to a headphone meet sometime and bring them along, they are a constant work in progress for me.

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #3,037 of 3,925

Yes man...t1 has to be the same...only the bass of version 1 is lighter but mainly the treble being too bright for some ppl led them to retune it and launch the t1.2.
Dt 48 is far more interesting topic for me
..that headphone was actually created to listen enemy's voices right ?? In some world war 2 games u can also spot a dt 48 headphone somewhere in the game if u play as the Nazi's... incredible headphone actually, I have always heard good things about it. But it's very hard to find one... some rare guy may show up on eBay with tremendously high price...still not a trust worthy buying place... modding it would be even more risky for me...I would rather just keep it in the stock form lol if I get them...quite an antique item

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #3,039 of 3,925
Of all the flagship/totl headphones I've tried, these are the ones that I cannot get rid of. The combination of comfort and SQ is irresistible. Plus the black version looks proper bad ass.

If you're into pad rolling, try them with ZMF Auteur perforated pads. No loss in soundstage and clarity (to my ears), the pads make them a touch warmer without becoming cavernous and even more confortable, so much room for my ears!

Edit: These impressions are with high serial number T1.1

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #3,040 of 3,925
Any recommendations for balanced cable for t1.2nd? I
Of all the flagship/totl headphones I've tried, these are the ones that I cannot get rid of. The combination of comfort and SQ is irresistible. Plus the black version looks proper bad ass.
i don’t like the t1.2nd all black edition ( the one I have :frowning2: ). I think the silver one looks better. Do you know if the cups from the all black and silver are they same colors? On pictures the black edition looks gold and the other looks silver.
Guys have any of you try the loxjie p20 running fully balance to the t1.2nd? Also, which balance cable do you recommended?

Sep 10, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #3,041 of 3,925
Any recommendations for balanced cable for t1.2nd? I

i don’t like the t1.2nd all black edition ( the one I have :frowning2: ). I think the silver one looks better. Do you know if the cups from the all black and silver are they same colors? On pictures the black edition looks gold and the other looks silver.
Guys have any of you try the loxjie p20 running fully balance to the t1.2nd? Also, which balance cable do you recommended?
i also prefer the complete silver colored t1, just feels more premium and classic looking at the same time. i dont use balanced cable for the t1, but i think there was a guy who used to make balanced cables and sell on ebay...cant remember right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back