New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Aug 27, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #2,971 of 3,924
No... absolutely wrong...if u put it even on big show's giant head by doing mathematical calculation first you are not going to get even 0.1% of what he wants...t1.2 latest edition sounds quite (I mean noticably) different than t1.1. I got the t1.1 used, replaced the earcups, complete headband housing with...had to pay only $150...it's a new headphone now...very bright sounding headphone in general...airy...trebly ... exactly what I was looking for....I'm slightly disappointed with Beyer for discontinuing the version 1

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #2,972 of 3,924
Brand new pair Beyer T1.2 (Black) drivers imbalances.
Just bought a new pair, has have about 10hrs of music thru it. Noticed that the vocal is left bias. Ran an online headphones test.
The test revealed that a slight left bias from low to mid frequency, for the higher frequency, it panned left and right slightly (slight s shape). My used HD600 was straight down the middle.

Will the passage of time (music) or burn-in even out the imbalances. Anybody got first hand experiences with this?

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #2,978 of 3,924
Brand new pair Beyer T1.2 (Black) drivers imbalances.
Just bought a new pair, has have about 10hrs of music thru it. Noticed that the vocal is left bias. Ran an online headphones test.
The test revealed that a slight left bias from low to mid frequency, for the higher frequency, it panned left and right slightly (slight s shape). My used HD600 was straight down the middle.

Will the passage of time (music) or burn-in even out the imbalances. Anybody got first hand experiences with this?

Google search and download 20Hz to 100Hz test tone files from the web, put those in a folder, play them in loop at normal listening level for a few hours, then see if the imbalance will be gone.

Sep 1, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #2,979 of 3,924
Put it on reverse to make sure it is not your ear. Then I would return it as defective.

I second this, it's often the case that our ears are more sensitive to some frequencies on one side compared to the other (frequency sweeps are bad for showing this up, hence why some might think they have an imbalance)

I also have a slight imbalance, probably from an ear infection when I was young. The centre image for me is a tiny bit biased to the right.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #2,980 of 3,924
I also had some pretty obvious channel imbalance on a brand new T1.2 3 years ago (sold by Amazon). Still tempted to pull the trigger again as no other dynamic headphones had such a good combination of clarity, resolution and extension on both ends (except for the 5x more expensive Focal Utopia).

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 12:05 AM Post #2,981 of 3,924
I burn-in with pink noise and white noise for about 20 hours; not believing in loooong burn-in time.
It seems to improve a little. I swap the cables and the ear pads just in case; no changes. I think the left drive is just a bit louder than the right.

I think that my ears should be ok because when I put on my old HD600 the vocals are centered.

The main thing is that there is not much improvement after the 20 hour burn-in (doing that just in case).
So, it's going back to the online retailer soon.

Really like the build of all metal Tesla drives, angled deep ear cups, 5 year warranty.

Don't have much luck buying used and new headphones lately.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 1:43 AM Post #2,983 of 3,924
I had to return a pair of Denon headphones for this very reason, the right was louder than the left.

Me too. Denon AH-MM200? :) Other brands I had a channel imbalance problem with were HiFiMan, Sony, Bang&Olufsen and MrSpeakers. The QC seems not perfect these days.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back