New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
May 9, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #1,366 of 3,924
Sometimes I would like to use my T1 2nd in a mobile setting, meaning a small, lightweight bluetooth receiver/amp attached to the T1 with a shorter (around 1 m long) cable.
As the whole thing hinges on a serious compromise, I would not spend 100 bucks for the original Beyer's short cable. Could you suggest a solution please? THX.

May 9, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #1,367 of 3,924
sounds like you'd need to roll your own cable.  There are some eidolic connectors which are supposed to work, they run approx $27 a set but I've not received my (new) ones so can't yet verify they work. The first pair I received were too fat but they have been re-engineered apparently. I expect to receive them in a week or so, will test and post here my results.

May 9, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #1,368 of 3,924
Hello, I'm back from Munich hiend: at Beyerdynamic's stand there were T1 2nd generation with improved slides, now they're the same as DT1770. It's not nice for who has just spent over 900 euros to buy the T1... Now the price has been raised to 1199 euros, does anybody know about any other silent improvement?

May 9, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #1,369 of 3,924
  Hello, I'm back from Munich hiend: at Beyerdynamic's stand there were T1 2nd generation with improved slides, now they're the same as DT1770. It's not nice for who has just spent over 900 euros to buy the T1... Now the price has been raised to 1199 euros, does anybody know about any other silent improvement?

Pardon my ignorance, but what are "slides" ? Thanks

May 9, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #1,372 of 3,924

Did they do away with the plastic cup pivots or change the headband adjustment mechanism? I've never had any problems with the T-1 headband, I think it works pretty well as is. However, the plastic pivots do look out of place on a high end headphone.                                                                                                                                                                                             

May 10, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #1,374 of 3,924
Thanks for the advice. Their estimated delivery is on the 11th, if it takes significantly longer then I'll get a refund. I paid with PayPal so it should be straight forward. If they do turn up I'll call Beyerdynamic straight away and confirm they are genuine. Either way, I'll leave a post here for anyone else considering using this company.

Any news? Did they dispatch it yet? ☺

May 11, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #1,377 of 3,924

A little clarification for everyone, as the above is a little misleading to say the least, All T1 2nd Generation have an updated slider, see below the response from the product manager in charge of the T1 2nd Generation:

"the DT 1770 PRO was the first headphone with improved slider, and the T 1 (2nd generation) is provided with the same improved mechanism, so that the latch is more defined. This is not the external design/shape, but the internal construction. However, it is difficult to see that on a picture."

May 11, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #1,378 of 3,924

A little clarification for everyone, as the above is a little misleading to say the least, All T1 2nd Generation have an updated slider, see below the response from the product manager in charge of the T1 2nd Generation:

"the DT 1770 PRO was the first headphone with improved slider, and the T 1 (2nd generation) is provided with the same improved mechanism, so that the latch is more defined. This is not the external design/shape, but the internal construction. However, it is difficult to see that on a picture."

NO NO NO!

I have T1 2nd generation serial 28471 and my sliding mechanism is DIFFERENT than DT1770 and T1 saw at Munich Hiend (serial above 31000). I don't matter what they say, it's not nice to say they've made a silent improvement after few months from product launch but that's the situation!
The difference is noticeable using the mechanism and is also visible in the depth and shape of the holes on the iron frame.

May 11, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #1,380 of 3,924
All manufactures makes such small silent upgrades over the life span of a product, and we should be happy that they do... The only way to avoid this is not to buy any products that involves some sort of technology (difficult).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back