New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Sep 2, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #151 of 3,924

Anyone know if the old/new T1 is affected by this also? Or if it's easy to clean? Distortion on low frequencies caused by hair is one the reasons I want to give up on my HD650!

The drivers are not protected by a foam disc, there is only a little "web" to protect the membran. So its easier to clean. But hairs are tricky...

Sep 2, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #153 of 3,924
  Hr. Hanselmann.

wouldn't it be better to drop the SPL to 96 dB, as the other well known models? For me the T1 seems somewhat to loud (or less dynamic).
On the DT 770 for example, voices are easier to understand and some instruments sounds more natural not "so amplified". Of course this should not lead to compare this 2 models.

Is it possible to add an option to the new T1 to order it with an shorter cable (1,5m or so) or "Spiralkabel"?

There will be a shorter cable by end of this year as an accessory part. It's sure.

Sep 2, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #154 of 3,924

The drivers are not protected by a foam disc, there is only a little "web" to protect the membran. So its easier to clean. But hairs are tricky...

Anyone know if the old/new T1 is affected by this also? Or if it's easy to clean? Distortion on low frequencies caused by hair is one the reasons I want to give up on my HD650!

Can the hairs slip through the web and thereby change the sound?

Let me add that beginning in 2011 we changed the foam disks placed in front of the baffle. We changed it to a material with same acoustic properties, but which was much less prone to penetrating hair ending up on the drivers. This works very well and we have MUCH less service issues thanks to this improvement. The picture from the Russian forum is really exceptionally bad and something comparable is almost impossible with today's products.

Sep 3, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #155 of 3,924
Thanks for the short cable. People who sit near the HP-Amp will benefit from it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Is it planned to present a "Mini-Manufaktur" where you can choose between the cables (Short, Standard, XLR (looks like the good old DIN)) exclusive for BeyerDynamic Shop. Resellers will get T1 with standard cable, so mass deployment is no problem.

I guess little more Bass, smother Highs and the new ear pads are good improvements. I'll be happy to read about the "new" SQ, from real customers.

Sep 3, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #156 of 3,924
  Thanks for the short cable. People who sit near the HP-Amp will benefit from it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Is it planned to present a "Mini-Manufaktur" where you can choose between the cables (Short, Standard, XLR (looks like the good old DIN)) exclusive for BeyerDynamic Shop. Resellers will get T1 with standard cable, so mass deployment is no problem.

I guess little more Bass, smother Highs and the new ear pads are good improvements. I'll be happy to read about the "new" SQ, from real customers.

There are no plans to have some kind of "mini Manufaktur" for the T 1 (2. Generation).

Sep 4, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #160 of 3,924
Mine arrives on Thursday as well. Damn UPS! Stay 
popcorn.gif
 for my unboxing/first look video. I will also take it to CanJam@RMAF. Stop by the Woo Audio exhibit for a listen. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back