New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
May 28, 2016 at 6:22 AM Post #1,426 of 3,924

The T1 and 650 should arrive on Tuesday, so I'll be spending the rest of the week brewing beer and extensive A/B tests!

Sounds like a good plan.
bigsmile_face.gif

May 28, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #1,429 of 3,924
i was not able to hear the T1 first generation but mainly (as what i have read) they fix the high registers and improve the bass response.

i might be totally wrong. hehehe
Also they maked Bass less tight, articulate, clean and totally ruined mids...

You mean for you, the mids of the T1 2nd genration is a step down from the old one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 28, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #1,431 of 3,924
Interesting that the 1st and 2nd generation get's such mixed feedback.

Some thought the 1 version was unlisnable and seriously flawed, especially in the treble range. Others though it was amazing because of it's treble clarity. Now some feel that the 2nd generation fixed the flaws of the first version, and are extremely good. Others think they totally ruined something that worked beautifully.

Others again find the differences so marginal, that you really have to listen for them to hear them.

Fascinating that our perception of sound is so different...

There is a dealer here who has a slightly used demo pair of the 1st generation for a low price, but I'm buying the 2nd generation. In my ears they are better.

May 28, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #1,432 of 3,924

Some thought the 1 version was unlisnable and seriously flawed, especially in the treble range. Others though it was amazing because of it's treble clarity. Now some feel that the 2nd generation fixed the flaws of the first version, and are extremely good. Others think they totally ruined something that worked beautifully.

Others again find the differences so marginal, that you really have to listen for them to hear them.

There is a dealer here who has a slightly used demo pair of the 1st generation for a low price, but I'm buying the 2nd generation. In my ears they are better.

It depends so much on the dac/amp...my T1 1st gen is below average with some amps ans great with others

May 28, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #1,433 of 3,924

It's impossible to improve everything with SAME DESIGN! Some Frequencies always take a hit. From information i gathered, HD800S take much smaller hit and improved its downsides more than it take a hit. Bass is definitely less defined, less fast, less clean and mids are overall less even, less transparent, less clean, less air. I dont see any improvements besides it is easier to mach with system...

May 28, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #1,435 of 3,924
Maybe I'm kicking in an open door but to build on your statement, Gen2 is much more a different headphone than it is an improved T1 in my opinion. A lovely one at that.
+1 Agree, They just needed to go Sennheiser route and only tame Highs... Thats it. Sennheiser didnt changed earpads and only targeted 6khz area, that was a much better decision in my book, most people like the improvements of HD800S... In T1 2nd case i see very varied reactions.

May 29, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #1,437 of 3,924
Trade offs. Both are no less than great headphones. Had I been much more of an acoustic/classical, high quality recordings and lower volume listener I'd prefer the T1 Gen1 for its in my experience unmatched and amazing openness/transparancy. T1 Gen2 -broadly generalized- lends itself quite a lenght better for ''lesser recordings/modern music''. Absolutely more targeted at the mainstream, making it more accessible by chopping off the top and adding more body. It'll loose you relatively much of the air and the sense of being close to the music Gen1 does so well.

Shoot, I start to have second thoughts about selling 
biggrin.gif

Gen2 still gives you good detail though.

May 29, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #1,438 of 3,924
I haven't been through the whole thread but in a nutshell, has anyone compared it to the HD800-S ? I'm looking for stepping-up from my LCD2F and can't really decide with which I should go. I had a HD800 before and didn't like the lack of punch, or maybe the treble was too emphasized.. anyway...It was too cold.

Jun 2, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #1,439 of 3,924
  I haven't been through the whole thread but in a nutshell, has anyone compared it to the HD800-S ? I'm looking for stepping-up from my LCD2F and can't really decide with which I should go. I had a HD800 before and didn't like the lack of punch, or maybe the treble was too emphasized.. anyway...It was too cold.

I don't really want to do a t1v2 vs hd800s definitive comparison as I haven't spent enough time with either - but man when I listened to the HD800s was it a blast.  Really, nice sounding.  

My preference is the older T1 though, if that puts any of my comments into perspective.

Jun 2, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #1,440 of 3,924
I heard the Gen 1 only and I am almost giving up my HD600 for them :D That is all I can say, I might not get lucky enough to listen to Gen 2 but I think, reading all the reviews and comparisons, I'll prefer Gen 1 in my head and in real. Listening Gen 1 and 2 side by side is believe, IMHO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back