New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Oct 25, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #602 of 3,924
regular_smile .gif
 ​mmm......Sennheiser Momentum. Click off auto-correct on your device. Although Monument sounds impressive.

Oct 26, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #603 of 3,924

regular_smile .gif
 ​mmm......Sennheiser Momentum. Click off auto-correct on your device. Although Monument sounds impressive.

It wasn't a typo or auto-correction on my side. Sennheiser Monument. Or whatever their Orpheus successor carved in marble will be named. I consider their "uberflagship" as something with the same role as for example Muon in KEF - a statement product reserved only for the richest and the bravest (to spend so much) consumers. 

Never the less, going back to T1v2 vs HD800S, I still like the Beyer's approach to the case. T1v1 was EOLed by new model and priced almost the same. Senn just added another position for their offer with 2x price multiplier at the same time. That is why I pulled the Beyer's trigger and bought them. My T1 should arrive around the end of the week.

Oct 26, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #604 of 3,924
I have to admit that I found my 880 600 ohm version from the same kit sounded every bit as good as a T1 (original version).

If you can't here the difference between a dt880 and a T1, your electronics aren't good enough.

Oct 26, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #605 of 3,924
If you can't here the difference between a dt880 and a T1, your electronics aren't good enough.

When he said as good , it don't mean that there was no difference beetwen T1 and DT 880 , just that he enjoyed as much his DT 880 if not more than his T1 ...

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #606 of 3,924

When he said as good , it don't mean that there was no difference beetwen T1 and DT 880 , just that he enjoyed as much his DT 880 if not more than his T1 ...

Well, to me it read that they both sound the same to him.

But everyone is different. Some people say there's a lot of difference between the T1 and T1.2
Other's say it's a bit more understated. To each their own, I guess.

Oct 26, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #607 of 3,924

B​it of a presumptuous statement on your part don't you think? I don't think they sound the same, but at the time through the same gear (Schiit Gungnir and Valhalla) I liked the 880 as well as the original T1, maybe even more, but I was familiar with the 880 signature so that wasn't a completely level playing field.

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #610 of 3,924
Well, on either my GS-X Mk2, AK240SS or Hugo TT, the T1 V2s have thoroughly impressed me. They are a good step up from the T1 (which in turn was a good step up from my DT880). TOTL headphones really need a good upstream rig to really get "their legs under them" in my experiences. Just finishing up my review on them...but you can count me as a fan!

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #611 of 3,924
  Well, on either my GS-X Mk2, AK240SS or Hugo TT, the T1 V2s have thoroughly impressed me. They are a good step up from the T1 (which in turn was a good step up from my DT880). TOTL headphones really need a good upstream rig to really get "their legs under them" in my experiences. Just finishing up my review on them...but you can count me as a fan!

Will you be doing a video review or posting it here?

Either way, I look forward to it, especially any and all details about the improvements/enhancements over the original T1.

Oct 27, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #612 of 3,924

Will you be doing a video review or posting it here?

Either way, I look forward to it, especially any and all details about the improvements/enhancements over the original T1.

It'll be on Headphone.Guru...I'll also post a link in my signature when it's released. 
smile.gif

Oct 27, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #613 of 3,924
I'm really glad to know that you feel there is a significant difference over the original T1. While I am a beyer fan, as my tastes shifted I couldn't help but feeling I'm less drawn to the lean sound and crave a little more meat so to speak. So for me if the new T1 has a little more meat on the bones that can only be a good thing. I also think keeping at this price level is good as relative to the insanity we are currently seeing this brings the top technology of beyer into the realm of affordable.

Oct 27, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #614 of 3,924
  I'm really glad to know that you feel there is a significant difference over the original T1. While I am a beyer fan, as my tastes shifted I couldn't help but feeling I'm less drawn to the lean sound and crave a little more meat so to speak. So for me if the new T1 has a little more meat on the bones that can only be a good thing. I also think keeping at this price level is good as relative to the insanity we are currently seeing this brings the top technology of beyer into the realm of affordable.

I wouldn't say night and day better, but the issues that I felt held back the original T1s have mostly been resolved and thus letting them hit their full stride! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back