New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Nov 12, 2020 at 1:14 AM Post #3,526 of 3,924
Thanks. Some reviews said Phonitor is a very clean sound amp, I am afraid it will be harsh on T1.2
Not harsh at Casa Buchanan,

Nov 24, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #3,529 of 3,924
Can someone tell me if you have experienced like me a distortion in the low frequencies when you turn up the volume and I mean not a so high volume.

Nov 24, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #3,530 of 3,924
Can someone tell me if you have experienced like me a distortion in the low frequencies when you turn up the volume and I mean not a so high volume.
I have seen something similar in this DT 1990 Pro review in amazon.es (in spanish). But I didn't see that issue in reviews about T 1.2

Luces y sombras en mi caso (amazon.es)

Nov 24, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #3,531 of 3,924

I have not experienced this at all. I'm using Dekoni Elite Velour pads with my T1 Gen2 and the sound is breathtakingly clear. Do you experience this issue in both earcups? If not, perhaps you have a loose cable or driver in one of the earcups?

Also, you could try another source just to eliminate the source, or try another pair of headphones in your current source. A process of elimination may lead you to the root cause.

Nov 24, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #3,532 of 3,924
I have not experienced this at all. I'm using Dekoni Elite Velour pads with my T1 Gen2 and the sound is breathtakingly clear. Do you experience this issue in both earcups? If not, perhaps you have a loose cable or driver in one of the earcups?

Also, you could try another source just to eliminate the source, or try another pair of headphones in your current source. A process of elimination may lead you to the root cause.
Thanks for the tips. It's not the source and cable and driver are fine. Someone else told me having this issue as well. Do you remember having this issue with the stock pads?

Nov 24, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #3,533 of 3,924

I search and found three models, your advice is for the velour one? Sheepskin and fenestrated are available as well.
Usually I like more leather pads, they are more comfortable and don't get hot. Maybe the finestrated sheepskin are better than the standard sheepskin but not sure of velour will be better.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #3,534 of 3,924
I search and found three models, your advice is for the velour one? Sheepskin and fenestrated are available as well.
Usually I like more leather pads, they are more comfortable and don't get hot. Maybe the finestrated sheepskin are better than the standard sheepskin but not sure of velour will be better.

I have the fenestrated ones too and they made the sound worse for me, sadly.

Nov 24, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #3,535 of 3,924
Thanks for the tips. It's not the source and cable and driver are fine. Someone else told me having this issue as well. Do you remember having this issue with the stock pads?

I don't remember having the issue with the stock pads, but I didn't listen for many hours with those pads. I don't think your issue is caused by the pads, but it's always worth trying another set.

Nov 24, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #3,536 of 3,924
I have the fenestrated ones too and they made the sound worse for me, sadly.
Thanks, so just about the standard dekoni sheepskin we do not know?

Nov 24, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #3,537 of 3,924
Thanks, so just about the standard dekoni sheepskin we do not know?

Well, generally speaking, leather pads are for closed-back headphones and velour pads are for open-backed headphones like the T1 Gen 2. Look at the Beyerdynamic Home Amiron - it comes with lovely velour pads as standard as it's an open-backed headphone.

The stock pads on the T1 Gen 2 are velour pads. On my closed-back T5p Gen 2, the pads are fake leather ones.

Nov 24, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #3,538 of 3,924
Well, generally speaking, leather pads are for closed-back headphones and velour pads are for open-backed headphones like the T1 Gen 2. Look at the Beyerdynamic Home Amiron - it comes with lovely velour pads as standard as it's an open-backed headphone.

The stock pads on the T1 Gen 2 are velour pads. On my closed-back T5p Gen 2, the pads are fake leather ones.
Ok. I'll try the velour. Can you try to play a song with bass with your T1 at high volume and see if it gets distorted?

Nov 24, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #3,539 of 3,924
At any volume level that isn't threatening your future hearing, I haven't heard audible bass distortion on the Beyerdynamic T1.2 (normal supplied earpads) and I listen to a lot of naturally recorded piano/bass/drum jazz trios.
4 possibilities:
1. Faulty headphones/cable
2. Your headphone amp is incapable of driving them correctly or is faulty.
3. You are simply playing these headphones at a level beyond the levels that they are meant to be listened to.
4. You're listening to music that has the distortion there anyway and the Beyers are playing it back faithfully.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #3,540 of 3,924
At any volume level that isn't threatening your future hearing, I haven't heard audible bass distortion on the Beyerdynamic T1.2 (normal supplied earpads) and I listen to a lot of naturally recorded piano/bass/drum jazz trios.
4 possibilities:
1. Faulty headphones/cable
2. Your headphone amp is incapable of driving them correctly or is faulty.
3. You are simply playing these headphones at a level beyond the levels that they are meant to be listened to.
4. You're listening to music that has the distortion there anyway and the Beyers are playing it back faithfully.
The 4 point was what I noticed when I started to listen to high end cans several years ago. In the metal band "Haggard" there are a lot of distortions in the songs that you can only hear with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back