New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Nov 23, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #2,733 of 3,924
Hello gents,

Do you have compared T1.2 and Kennerton Vali ?

Dec 11, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #2,739 of 3,924
T1 are more comfortable, wider soundstage but slightly warmer and more relaxed sounding. The Clear have slightly less low end emphasis but are a step up in detail and resolution.
Thanks for the reply, seems like the Clears are a no go for me. While the detail aspect seems appealing the bass is less than ideal for me. I have a 2nd Gen T1 (after previously owning a Hifiman HE-560) and I have to say the bass on those were close to my ideal bass just a tad more. The 2nd Gen T1's bass feels neutered compared to my 560s, it's there just not as impactful. I guess my ideal headphone would have something similar to the 560's bass (plus a tad more), a solid treble presence since I like the energy that brings and the T1's imaging. The midrange I'm not too sure about, I think I like a slightly cooled off midrange but at the same time something that lends itself well to male and female vocals. The Th909 by Fostex from what I read may be that ideal headphone but I haven't heard them yet. The search continues....

Dec 12, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #2,740 of 3,924
Saw some Black edition T1.2 on Amazon for $699 and decided to scoop one up. Should be here Friday. Since I sold my DT880 600Ohm, I wanted something with a bit more detail than the Amiron Home, and while I like the T5p for portable use, I prefer open cans for at home listening.

Dec 12, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #2,741 of 3,924
Saw some Black edition T1.2 on Amazon for $699 and decided to scoop one up. Should be here Friday. Since I sold my DT880 600Ohm, I wanted something with a bit more detail than the Amiron Home, and while I like the T5p for portable use, I prefer open cans for at home listening.

A scooped a pair of the black editions up on the same sale. Wasn't digging the sound before I let them burn in for a bit. Could have been that they were sitting in a cold delivery truck for a while. They are very fun now :)

Dec 14, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #2,742 of 3,924
A scooped a pair of the black editions up on the same sale. Wasn't digging the sound before I let them burn in for a bit. Could have been that they were sitting in a cold delivery truck for a while. They are very fun now :)
Mine came today. I'll reserve judgement on comparison to the Amiron (and to my other pairs) until I use them for a while. Nicely, they are sensitive enough to use for portable with my Pono with the balanced cable. Now I can swap Amiron, T5p, T1 with the same cable on that portable. Will also listen with Mojo, dx7s, Lyr2 and Jotunheim

Dec 23, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #2,744 of 3,924
While it's difficult for me to say whether the T1.2 is more detailed than the 1990, it definitely has more bass and an unmistakably warmer signature. The soundstage is also noticably expanded.

Dec 24, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #2,745 of 3,924
Am I getting a good deal if I upgrade from DT-1990 to T1.2? I want more bass and details. Can that be achieved with the T1.2 or I'm better off looking in another place?

I eventually replaced my DT1990 with the Amiron Home and then I also acquired a T1.2 later as a compliment. I can say that for me, I do get more bass and details with the T1.2 than what I remember with the DT1990. It gets a bit difficult to compare when you consider that DT1990 is the brightest of the 3 headphones I'm comparing, so it may seem at first listen that they are the most revealing, but I feel that the T1.2 wins out on detail retrieval overall, plus imaging and soundstage. The caveat is it's 600-ohm instead of the 250 (with the same 102dB NSPL) so you'll need a source that can do it justice. Being able to run it balanced also helps in that regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back