New Beyerdynamic Pro X line: DT 700 Pro X and DT 900 Pro X
Jun 21, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #646 of 902
Nice, thank you for the comparison :) The 700 pro X look very nice, but, DAMN, isn't the 770 pro just a timeless design? They look so good to me whenever I see a nice picture of them. The black and white contrast, the texture on the surface, the big round shape of the cups, beautiful! :smile_phones:
770pro sure is an awesome design, very classic in style. Beyer has done a terrific job and both winners here. I just wish the pricing was more justified for 700X, but I think they will stand the test of time just like the 770’s or all other DT model’s.

Jun 24, 2022 at 8:10 PM Post #647 of 902
dt700prox.jpg

Just received my OIDIO cable for the 700 Pro X. It's lovely—such a massive upgrade from the plasticky cable that came in the box. Really like the feel of the intertwined fabric, too. I had an identical one made for my T5.3 as well. Haven't really paid attention to any possible change in sound as my motivation was just a nicer, more pleasing cable material, and I already love how the 700 Pro X and T5.3 sound (and how they complement each other, as far as closed backs go).

Also I'm probably in the minority here but I think the 700 Pro X is the most timeless, aesthetically pleasing headphone I've ever seen. It's not perfect, but damn do I like it quite a bit!

Jun 24, 2022 at 10:55 PM Post #648 of 902
dt700prox.jpg

Just received my OIDIO cable for the 700 Pro X. It's lovely—such a massive upgrade from the plasticky cable that came in the box. Really like the feel of the intertwined fabric, too. I had an identical one made for my T5.3 as well. Haven't really paid attention to any possible change in sound as my motivation was just a nicer, more pleasing cable material, and I already love how the 700 Pro X and T5.3 sound (and how they complement each other, as far as closed backs go).

Also I'm probably in the minority here but I think the 700 Pro X is the most timeless, aesthetically pleasing headphone I've ever seen. It's not perfect, but damn do I like it quite a bit!
Your cable looks nice btw I too love the more minimal design from the cups to headband of the 700X pros.
Mine came with aftermarket cable but it’s too damn thick making it difficult to use so just ordered a Hart cable. Waiting for it to be delivered.

Jul 1, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #649 of 902
dt700prox.jpg

but I think the 700 Pro X is the most timeless, aesthetically pleasing headphone I've ever seen.
I agree DT700 pro x looks amazing, and it's the most premium looking plastic build I've seen so far. However, the timeless aesthetically pleasing headphone crown goes to the DT1990 pro 😁🙃😂 .
20220701_133905.jpg

Jul 7, 2022 at 12:37 AM Post #650 of 902
Swapped the 700X cable to Hart audio cable and it’s a huge upgrade over stock and the thick Periapt cable I used before. This is soft and easy to work it. The mini xlr plug is short so it doesn’t stick out as the other cable. Excellent build quality as usual. I had the swapped my Sundara’s stock cable with Hart audio cable few years back, been a fan since then.
4B2C4FF6-B982-43B2-A551-67B7CB43AF96.jpeg
E36336EC-3094-4175-983E-52C3C68319D9.jpeg
A75335DE-8C65-4B91-8247-29D129B97FA4.jpeg

Jul 8, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #651 of 902
Had to clear off some room on my office desk, too many Beyers out of their cases...

It's a testament to these new pro X, but it was the T1/T5 that immediately went in the closet... Just couldn't imagine not having the pro X on hand for reference. I really like the new direction Beyer is taking with these, just a really phenomenal tuning.

Jul 13, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #654 of 902
Swapped the 700X cable to Hart audio cable and it’s a huge upgrade over stock and the thick Periapt cable I used before. This is soft and easy to work it. The mini xlr plug is short so it doesn’t stick out as the other cable. Excellent build quality as usual. I had the swapped my Sundara’s stock cable with Hart audio cable few years back, been a fan since the
Is that a custom cable? It looks amazing -- mind if I ask what the order (especially the pattern) was, because I'd love to pick up the same for mine.

Jul 14, 2022 at 12:43 AM Post #655 of 902
So I finally got to audition a used pair of 700X. Compared to 1770 from my memory, they have less sub-bass and more relaxed treble, but it didn't feel like mid-forward like Senn's either. Can't really comment on the soundstage, but maybe more closed than 1770. My biggest issue was the isolation which is, if I remember correctly, notably worse than 1770. I guess it's related to the cup material.
Ultimately I decided not to make the purchase, at least for now.

Jul 14, 2022 at 4:50 AM Post #656 of 902
Is that a custom cable? It looks amazing -- mind if I ask what the order (especially the pattern) was, because I'd love to pick up the same for mine.
Yes, it’s Hart audio cable. This specific one is called touch of grey

Jul 15, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #657 of 902
Finally got around to picking up a pair of DT 700 Pro X's. My personal work desk has a pair of DT 770s – one always playing music, the other for my system audio for meetings and what not – and the cable situation is torturous. They are so long and gangly and really only needed to reach a distance of three feet.

With the DT 700 Pro X's, I thought I'd have all my problems solved -- the same comfort of the 770s, with a replaceable cable and hopefully an improvement to the sound. And while they do indeed sound awesome -- perhaps my dream pair of headphones for everyday listening -- they really messed up the comfort of them.

While the clamping force and pressure on top of the head will improve over time as they always do, I really don't understand why they messed with the shape of the classic ear pad. The new one is both shallower and narrower and pushes against the sides of my ears in a way that the 770s never did, pretty danged annoying. I would love if someone sold a mounting ring adapter to fit the old DT 770 pads onto the DT 700 (even with the understanding that they would change the sound signature).

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #658 of 902
Finally got around to picking up a pair of DT 700 Pro X's. My personal work desk has a pair of DT 770s – one always playing music, the other for my system audio for meetings and what not – and the cable situation is torturous. They are so long and gangly and really only needed to reach a distance of three feet.

With the DT 700 Pro X's, I thought I'd have all my problems solved -- the same comfort of the 770s, with a replaceable cable and hopefully an improvement to the sound. And while they do indeed sound awesome -- perhaps my dream pair of headphones for everyday listening -- they really messed up the comfort of them.

While the clamping force and pressure on top of the head will improve over time as they always do, I really don't understand why they messed with the shape of the classic ear pad. The new one is both shallower and narrower and pushes against the sides of my ears in a way that the 770s never did, pretty danged annoying. I would love if someone sold a mounting ring adapter to fit the old DT 770 pads onto the DT 700 (even with the understanding that they would change the sound signature).
It's always interesting to see how personal comfort is: to me the new pads were more comfortable than the DT770 pads (though they are definitely not bad). I prefer the new shape with the larger surface touching the area around my ears.

Jul 20, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #659 of 902
It's always interesting to see how personal comfort is: to me the new pads were more comfortable than the DT770 pads (though they are definitely not bad). I prefer the new shape with the larger surface touching the area around my ears.
Huh, fascinating. I will say that I do actually like the extra _depth_, it's just that the DT770 had a wider opening that meant that the pad wasn't ever pushing on my ears.

With the DT700s, my ear all fits inside the cup and so it's not resting on my ears, but inside the cup my ear is being folded down a bit. If the opening was just a couple millimeters wider, it would be perfection.

But as you say, personal comfort is, well, personal. Hopefully one day I'll find a pair of cans with the comfort of the DT770s, the audio quality of the DT 700s (or better), a punchy V-shaped sound, and a swappable cable. I guess the quest for the perfect headphones is eternal. :)

Jul 21, 2022 at 5:30 AM Post #660 of 902
Huh, fascinating. I will say that I do actually like the extra _depth_, it's just that the DT770 had a wider opening that meant that the pad wasn't ever pushing on my ears.

With the DT700s, my ear all fits inside the cup and so it's not resting on my ears, but inside the cup my ear is being folded down a bit. If the opening was just a couple millimeters wider, it would be perfection.

But as you say, personal comfort is, well, personal. Hopefully one day I'll find a pair of cans with the comfort of the DT770s, the audio quality of the DT 700s (or better), a punchy V-shaped sound, and a swappable cable. I guess the quest for the perfect headphones is eternal. :)
Ah, of course... yes, the new pads have a slightly smaller opening -- which can make quite a difference of course.
I've had a similar problem with the T5p 2. gen, which seemed to also have a slightly smaller pad opening than the T1 or T5p 1. gen. Comfort problems kill all the fun :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back