New Beyerdynamic Pro X line: DT 700 Pro X and DT 900 Pro X
Jan 6, 2022 at 7:00 AM Post #422 of 896
I am quite tempted by the 900 as the quick and dirty option for something that fares well straight outta the iPhone...
They do indeed sound great from the lightning --> jack line out from an iPhone! Very punchy and open sounding.

Jan 6, 2022 at 7:32 AM Post #423 of 896
Last edited:
Jan 8, 2022 at 5:13 AM Post #424 of 896
Had a bit of time last night, so did some measurements with the MiniDPS EARS and tinkered with EQ some for the DT700 Pro X I just got.
Summary is, I love these headphones :)
EQ for EQ APO:
Filter: ON LS Fc 100 Hz Gain 3 dB
Filter: ON PK Fc 55 Hz Gain 2 dB Q 1
Filter: ON PK Fc 260 Hz Gain 6 dB Q 2
Filter: ON PK Fc 3500 Hz Gain 4 dB Q 2

The low shelf is up to preference. I love big stinky bass, sue me. The others balance out the few dips in this otherwise great sounding set of cans.

Attachments

• DT700 Pro X EQ.png
    DT700 Pro X EQ.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DT700 Pro X.png
    DT700 Pro X.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 0
Jan 9, 2022 at 6:52 AM Post #425 of 896
Enjoying the 700s with the THX Onyx amp. One proviso is having a good seal to get the best bass response and even frequency balance. If not, I feel the sound becomes slightly bass light and upper-mid range forward (shouty). I am also enjoying the rolled-off natural sounding treble which reduces fatigue during extended listening.

Jan 10, 2022 at 8:27 PM Post #426 of 896
Jan 11, 2022 at 1:56 AM Post #427 of 896
Here is my review of these two great headphones...great value at this price and then some!

https://headphone.guru/the-beyerdyn...ne-heck-of-an-open-and-closed-back-1-2-punch/
Thanks for a good review. I agree very much. I am still kind of surprised with the DT900 ProX. Everything is just so RIGHT with them. The comfort, the materials and the sound. After trying the new T1.3 and T5.3 I was disappointed with the direction Beyerdynamic took with the new way too dark (for me) sound signature. I was afraid that they deserted their old "house-sound". But I am SO pleased that with DT900 they are back where they belong. This time even better than before with even more punch and sparkle and even though DT900 ProX is created for creators, mixing and studios it is still a pleasure to listen to music with.

Jan 11, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #428 of 896
Thanks for a good review. I agree very much. I am still kind of surprised with the DT900 ProX. Everything is just so RIGHT with them. The comfort, the materials and the sound. After trying the new T1.3 and T5.3 I was disappointed with the direction Beyerdynamic took with the new way too dark (for me) sound signature. I was afraid that they deserted their old "house-sound". But I am SO pleased that with DT900 they are back where they belong. This time even better than before with even more punch and sparkle and even though DT900 ProX is created for creators, mixing and studios it is still a pleasure to listen to music with.
I’ve noticed over the years a general trend of Beyers consumer/audiophile marketed headphones to get warmer and darker which people either love or hate. Whereas with their professional products they seem to be keeping the more traditional neutral tuning but getting a better handle on their treble.

Jan 11, 2022 at 9:17 AM Post #429 of 896
I’ve noticed over the years a general trend of Beyers consumer/audiophile marketed headphones to get warmer and darker which people either love or hate. Whereas with their professional products they seem to be keeping the more traditional neutral tuning but getting a better handle on their treble.
That sums it up pretty well, yes. I’m wtill hesitation try out the new T5, but the DT700 is gold.

Jan 11, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #430 of 896
That sums it up pretty well, yes. I’m wtill hesitation try out the new T5, but the DT700 is gold.
If you like the tuning of of the T1.3 and T5.3 they are great but it’s not for everyone. I personally love their sound, but I see why many won’t like them. They are a listen first headphone (preferably at length and with an open mind). It’s nice having the sound signature variety among models but they aren’t what you expect from Beyer.

Hopefully I’ll get to listen to the DT 700/900 sometime soon, likely not unless a friend gets a pair as I don’t plan on getting any new headphones for a while.

Jan 11, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #431 of 896
HelIo, I see that you also own the 1770s. I went back and forth for a few days until I eventaully decided on the 700 pro X. How do you think the 900 Pro X compares to the 1770? I read that the 700 and 900 are pretty similar.

I an still on the fence between the 1770 and the 700 pro X so would love to hear your thoughts.

I listen to mostly metal music and will be pairing them with the JDS Element II. I also own a pair of HD6XX but also want closed pair for the passive isolation.

Jan 11, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #432 of 896
I listen to mostly metal music and will be pairing them with the JDS Element II. I also own a pair of HD6XX but also want closed pair for the passive isolation.
I really love both the DT700PRO X and the 900PRO X, but as for metal music, my pick is the DT1770PRO with stock leather pads (included in package).
You'll be surprised by 1770's super fast bass/drums, sparkling guitars, and lively male vocals. it's pricey, but IMO it's one of the best headphones for metal music.

Jan 12, 2022 at 5:05 AM Post #433 of 896
I really love both the DT700PRO X and the 900PRO X, but as for metal music, my pick is the DT1770PRO with stock leather pads (included in package).
You'll be surprised by 1770's super fast bass/drums, sparkling guitars, and lively male vocals. it's pricey, but IMO it's one of the best headphones for metal music.
Alright, thanks! Would you say that there is a big differance in sound between the two? Also, which one would you prefer for gaming?

Jan 12, 2022 at 7:02 AM Post #434 of 896
Alright, thanks! Would you say that there is a big differance in sound between the two? Also, which one would you prefer for gaming?
In speaking of metal music, I have to say it's pretty big difference between the 1770PRO and others.
As gaming headphones, I'd choose the 900PRO X. Actually I play Apex Legends with it since I purchased the headphone replacing my old Sennheiser GSP300 headset.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2022 at 7:16 AM Post #435 of 896
Not tested the new x-series yet.
But own DT1770. rock/metal and almost anything sounds good with these headphones.
(offspring,Rammstein,black 47 etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back