New Beyerdynamic Pro X line: DT 700 Pro X and DT 900 Pro X
Oct 10, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #77 of 898
Thx! Looks like it is quite easily replaceable by a 4 pin plug.

Never thought Beyerdynamic would change their pads that much! Are they still user replaceable?
Yes they are!

3101B5BD-DA59-4F95-ACA3-0064F2519D58.jpeg
F57E0F35-E303-4821-AC2F-11FC4EDBC5AA.jpeg
94AFBCDE-6769-4C40-A6CE-2FE37F955066.jpeg

The headband can be replaced with ease as well.

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #78 of 898
Wait... They pulled a Q701 and the cable isn't balanced? To think I was seriously considering one of these. Screw you Beyer. I will /never/ buy any of your products now.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #79 of 898
Wait... They pulled a Q701 and the cable isn't balanced? To think I was seriously considering one of these. Screw you Beyer. I will /never/ buy any of your products now.
Not sure why you’re surprised as they did that with the more expensive DT 1770/1990 Pro as well. The only reason the DT 177X Go has 4 pin is due to Massdrops influence and it’s not really marketed as a professional headphone either. It seems balanced isn’t a priority for Beyers professionally marketed headphones, as to why I’m not exactly sure. Maybe someone in the industry will have more insight there.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #80 of 898
Not sure why you’re surprised as they did that with the more expensive DT 1770/1990 Pro as well. It seems balanced isn’t a priority for their professionally marketed headphones.
I don't care about the whys or whyfors - between their terrible tuning choices and failure to recognize the audiophile community runs balanced, Beyer keeps certain they will never get my money.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #81 of 898
I don't care about the whys or whyfors - between their terrible tuning choices and failure to recognize the audiophile community runs balanced, Beyer keeps certain they will never get my money.
Most of their audiophile targeted headphones are made to run balanced. Beyer makes most of their money from the professional market not the audiophile market I gather so it’s not really failure to recognize but more like it’s not their main market.

Oct 10, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #82 of 898
Really immature responses.

They are primarily meant for professional application and second for music consumption, so having an unbalanced plug makes more sense. Professionals already use 3-pin (Mini) XLR all the time.

The advantages of balanced audio mostly come in higher output power, better noise rejection and better channel separation. The differences are not really perceivable most of the time when compared to a quality SE output.

I‘m not going to tell the balanced audio lovers what to like, but it’s very weird to sack these headphones from the get go.

Instead of focusing on arguably the two most important metrics - sound quality and build quality - you get hung up on them not being balanced and trash them, without having heard them yet.

Not really an enrichment for a constructive discussion.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #83 of 898

I just got the DT900 Pro X in. They don't need to be balanced. They're not very difficult to drive.

Oct 10, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #84 of 898
I just got the DT900 Pro X in. They don't need to be balanced. They're not very difficult to drive.
Yeah, they are very efficient.
48 Ohms with 100dB SPL.

They get loud on an Apple Dongle. Fiio BTR5 gets them loud at only 30/60 Volume, so something like a Qudelix 5K and the like should be more than adequate. My Hidizs S9 Pro run them with ease as well.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #85 of 898
Anyone have these and the 1770/1990's to compare them to? My AH-D600's are almost a decade old now and I want something that sounds similar to the DT 1990's without needed to change the EQ, while also being easy to drive.

Oct 10, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #86 of 898
Yeah, they are very efficient.
48 Ohms with 100dB SPL.

They get loud on an Apple Dongle. Fiio BTR5 gets them loud at only 30/60 Volume, so something like a Qudelix 5K and the like should be more than adequate. My Hidizs S9 Pro run them with ease as well.

Yep.

I just tried the DT900 Pro X with the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro. Seem to get what would be very loud for most people without even having to fool it into high gain mode.

Oct 11, 2021 at 12:52 AM Post #87 of 898
The head-fi community never ceases to amaze me with the sheer stupidity of its members. Literally says PRO X in its name so it is very obvious it is not an "audiophile" headphone which means nothing btw. Also balance outside of more power means nothing to well designed products. But you are probably under the impression cable that cost more than headphone make headphone sound better derp derp. You can use the internet to complain bitch and whine but not to look at the damn manufactures page which tells you what the headphone is used for?

Edited for spelling

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #88 of 898
Thx! Looks like it is quite easily replaceable by a 4 pin plug.

Never thought Beyerdynamic would change their pads that much! Are they still user replaceable?
yep. easier to change. see youtube beyerdynamic

Oct 11, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #89 of 898
Yes. Replace the 3pin by a 4 pin connector and then rewire internally so that the ground is no longer shared.
Rewire internally means inside the cans or the cable itself? sorry more questions ,im not very technical,in any case I’ll be getting it done in the uk with Oidio, great value and craftsmanship guys, no point going to the big Asian cable companies for these.
Got a beautiful Arctic cable for the T5 3’s, but that has different connectors as you prob know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back