New Beyerdynamic 'Custom' Street headphone
Dec 10, 2014 at 9:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

astroid

1000+ Head-Fier

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/studio-and-stage/studio-headphones/custom-street-black.html

IDEAL COMPANION ON THE GO

CUSTOM STREET is the latest offspring of beyerdynamic’s acclaimed CUSTOM headphone series. Like no other headphones in the world, CUSTOM STREET combines portable size, outstanding sound and lots of customisable features. One unique feature of CUSTOM STREET is the CUSTOM Sound Slider, which allows you to select among different sound profiles, ranging from “analytical” to “heavy-bass”. On top of that, you can customise the design of CUSTOM STREET within seconds. The cable of CUSTOM STREET can also be changed and turned from an every-day companion into a powerful device for DJing, gaming and podcasting - to 
name just a few applications. CUSTOM STREET. Your sound. Your style.

CUSTOM SOUND SLIDER - SELECT FROM THREE DIFFERENT AUDIO PROFILES

CUSTOM Sound Slider allows you to select from different audio profiles via adjustable bass reflex vents in the housing shells. The more open the CUSTOM Sound Slider the stronger the bass. Choose between three different profiles ranging from “analytical” to “heavy-bass”.

CUSTOM STYLE - CHANGE THE LOOK OF YOUR HEADPHONES

CUSTOM Style allows you to change the look of your headphones at any time. 16 included design covers are only the beginning.  Furthermore you can choose from different optional rings and additional design covers on this website.

CUSTOM CABLE - DETACHABLE CABLE WITH MICROPHONE AND REMOTE

Most music devices today are cell phones or other mobile devices. That’s why CUSTOM STREET comes with a built-in microphone and remote to pick up calls and control media playback. Find more detachable cables and a HEADSET GEAR with gooseneck microphone on this website.

SHARE YOUR MUSIC WITH FRIENDS

CUSTOM STREET comes with sockets on both ear cups. Use one to connect the headphones with your playback device. Use the other socket to share your music with friends.

COMPACT AND FOLDABLE

Due to its collapsible design, the CUSTOM STREET fits into the included carry case.

AT A GLANCE: FEATURES CUSTOM STREET

1. CUSTOM Sound Slider - variable bass reflex system
  2. CUSTOM Style - versatile changeable design
  3. CUSTOM Cable - detachable cable
  4. Share Music - connect a 2nd pair of headphones
  5. Soft ear- and headband pads ensure high comfort of wearing
  6. Compact and foldable

SUPPLIED ACCESSORIES

1. 1,3 m Headset cable with one-button remote
  2. 16 Design Cover 
  3. Hexagon screwdriver to change design cover
  4. Rugged transport case

Dec 29, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #6 of 17
These probably won't be better than ath-m50 since they are on ear. Think them as a mini COP. I'm curiously how they would sound, and fit. Looks like we'll have to wait for a while till they come out.

http://asia-pacific-india.beyerdynamic.com/store/

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #7 of 17
Any update on those ?
They look super interesting, capable and price is now good.

I am especially interested how it compares on on ear market alongside, px100, koss sp330, portapro, skullcandy navigator, aviator, grind etc etc etc.

Oct 19, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #8 of 17
I've got them!
Level is on par with Sennheiser HD25/Amperior, Beyerdynamic DT1350, Audio-Technica M-50 etc. On some music Custom Street are better, on some other guys.
Generally, very good sound quality, 3 sound presets has 3 really different and good signatures.
They are not easy to drive. Yes, even form mobile phone they can sound loud, but on a good sources like QLS 360, their sound is more to perfect.
Built quality is good, but upper shell is not seems to be very durable. Also small cords which are going to earcups are so crazy thin.
Comfort and isolation are near perfect, and SQ is really really good. I'm amazed and love them much better than original Sennheiser HD25, IMO.
HD25 are overpriced, while Custom Street has a really good price and very good SQ for any money.

Nov 9, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #9 of 17
I've got them!
Level is on par with Sennheiser HD25/Amperior, Beyerdynamic DT1350, Audio-Technica M-50 etc. On some music Custom Street are better, on some other guys.
Generally, very good sound quality, 3 sound presets has 3 really different and good signatures.
They are not easy to drive. Yes, even form mobile phone they can sound loud, but on a good sources like QLS 360, their sound is more to perfect.
Built quality is good, but upper shell is not seems to be very durable. Also small cords which are going to earcups are so crazy thin.
Comfort and isolation are near perfect, and SQ is really really good. I'm amazed and love them much better than original Sennheiser HD25, IMO.
HD25 are overpriced, while Custom Street has a really good price and very good SQ for any money.

Sounds good. Doesn't seem to have caught on yet.

Big HD25 fan but overall Beyerdynamic are my favourite manufacturer so if they're in that class or better with ability to adjust sound they are very interesting.

Wonder how they compare to T51 / DT1350?

Nov 9, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #10 of 17
One advantage for portable use is it folds! (compared to HD25 /T51)

Dec 22, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #11 of 17
Nov 10, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #12 of 17
I have had mine for a few months. I must say that they sound much better than the AKG Y50 (that is almost in the same price range).
They are not as comfortable as the Y50, but sound is more important to me.

Nov 10, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #13 of 17
Sounds good. Doesn't seem to have caught on yet.

Big HD25 fan but overall Beyerdynamic are my favourite manufacturer so if they're in that class or better with ability to adjust sound they are very interesting.

Wonder how they compare to T51 / DT1350?

The reviews on the dt1350 make it seem like its above the custom street. I was surprised by what i read on them. I'm not the biggest fan of on ears vs over ear though ;/

Dec 9, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #14 of 17
I owned the dt1350 and t51.  I now own the Custom Streets.  As an "on the go headphone" it is very good.  I like it better than the other two.  A few simple mods take it up above the level of the others for me.  I did not care for the hyped "beyer" highs of the dt nor the t51.  And while both can be said to perhaps measure "flatter", the Streets just sound so freaking good and friendly, Feed them with a very good front end and you will be very happy, but still shines out of an Android phone.

I like the streets above the Senn HD-25, Amperior and Noontec Zoro II hd as well.  Sleeper can considering all the fotm and hyped cans we get exposed to.

Jan 24, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #15 of 17
Owners, does it turn into an open headphone when those caps are removed or is it closed behind?

Would like to know if one can view/access the drivers just by removing those caps. Pics are welcome. Can't seem to google them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back