New Beyerdynamic amp A2
Jul 8, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #16 of 259
I looked at the Phonitor 1 for too long, so the P2 came along before I finally decided to get it :wink:

Yes, the T90 Jubilee is very nice... plus it comes with a smaller protective case (hard shell, not soft+foam like the other midrange Beyers such as the standard T90.

Jul 14, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #19 of 259
I've just seen there is a  video review on youtube (with unboxing)

http://youtu.be/mNj-U3qnBuo

Not seen yet but seems interesting

Jul 22, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #20 of 259
straight from beyerdynamic's facebook updates

http://theproaudiowebblog.com/beyerdynamic-a2-review.html

Edit:

It's from the same guy of the video already posted

Jul 23, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #21 of 259
I have A2 loaner as well. I'm not a fan of some technical solutions, like much lower volume when both HPO's are busy. There's also very low signal when A2 is connected via RCA's to DirectStreamDAC, volume knob goes there almost to the end. Same story goes with Xonar Essence III as a source, fixed volume bypass has to be locked when preamp knopb is dialed to the end.

But A2 sounds good indeed, I have to admit it. Nice job with HE-560. Though, it's CMA800R price point, just to name one great amp from that shelf. 

Jul 24, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #23 of 259
  Regarding input volume: I think it uses the standard RCA level of 0dB, so I would attribute that to your DAC... Did you use the line-out there?

Sure, that's the only reasonable way to connecd its Line-out to amp. But maybe it's about HE-560, those are demanding headphones after all.

Aug 14, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #24 of 259
  I have A2 loaner as well. I'm not a fan of some technical solutions, like much lower volume when both HPO's are busy. There's also very low signal when A2 is connected via RCA's to DirectStreamDAC, volume knob goes there almost to the end. Same story goes with Xonar Essence III as a source, fixed volume bypass has to be locked when preamp knopb is dialed to the end.

But A2 sounds good indeed, I have to admit it. Nice job with HE-560. Though, it's CMA800R price point, just to name one great amp from that shelf. 

Not the amp, it's your source.  I have mine set at 0 Ohms and 0db through T90 Jubilee with plenty of headroom.

Instrument separation on A2 is up there with some of the BEST amps I've used.  It's very very impressive.  Beyer needs to make a DAC with the same chassis.

Aug 14, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #25 of 259
  Instrument separation on A2 is up there with some of the BEST amps I've used.  It's very very impressive.  Beyer needs to make a DAC with the same chassis.

Thats exactly what I told them in Munich at the High-End audio fair: only missing piece is a DAC.

I guess they're contemplating that and getting their feet wet with the A&K cooperation on the A200p. Sure hope to see a design of their own as a companion to the really excellent A2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back