New Beyer DT770 32Ohms, problem with bass distortion?
Feb 11, 2011 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Semo

New Head-Fier
Hey all new to the forum so bear with me,

Just received my new Beyer Dynamic Premium DT770 32Ohms in the mail through Amazon. First thing I'm noticing however is that there is lots of bass distortion(kick drums etc NOT basslines)? This could be a potential problem since I listen to very bass heavy music - think dubstep / drum n bass / house. Everything else sounds fantastic though. Wondering if this is normal without powering them with an amp (straight into iPod or computer)? Should I return these and get a higher ohm version + an amp, or keep these and get an amp?

Oh yeah another note: This distortion only seems to happen when i run them through my computer (Mbox2 mini) and not when i plug them into my ipod, however im thinking this could be due to the lower volume... thoughts?

Thanks guys 
smily_headphones1.gif

Pics:

Feb 22, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #3 of 3
The Mbox series is known to distort sound when dialed past the 1 to 2PM volume dial position. Mboxes are entry level recording converters, and are not mean to provide the sound that high-end DACs or other converters do. That's why your Ipod won't distort it (also because it doesn't have as much power anyways).

The problem is probably not due to your head-phones. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back