NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Dec 2, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #1,804 of 2,077
Just got these from Amazon Black Friday deal at £550 and very happy to be part of the club.
Quick question - my volume wheel/rocker is slightly loose and moves in and out (back forward) when I push it. Is that the case for others? The ANC dial is tight and has no movement when pushing it back and forward (just the normal rotation movement).

Dec 2, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #1,805 of 2,077
Just got these from Amazon Black Friday deal at £550 and very happy to be part of the club.
Quick question - my volume wheel/rocker is slightly loose and moves in and out (back forward) when I push it. Is that the case for others? The ANC dial is tight and has no movement when pushing it back and forward (just the normal rotation movement).
Mine that I (re)purchased during the Black Friday deal are fine as far as both wheels are concerned (as was the previous pair I had), although I do seem to have a slightly sensitive power/pairing switch.

One has to wonder whether B&O have let QC slip a little…

Other than that happy to have the H95 back again. I’ve actually missed their sublime sub bass extension even compared to the PX8 and Bathys

Dec 2, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #1,806 of 2,077
I had heard of this issue occurring before with others in the thread. Mine also has the slightest play in the volume wheel as well, but it doesn't appear to be problematic and I've gotten use to it's feel. If it's just slightly loose, I would assume it's within manufacturing tolerance...

Dec 2, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #1,807 of 2,077
Mine that I (re)purchased during the Black Friday deal are fine as far as both wheels are concerned (as was the previous pair I had), although I do seem to have a slightly sensitive power/pairing switch.

One has to wonder whether B&O have let QC slip a little…

Other than that happy to have the H95 back again. I’ve actually missed their sublime sub bass extension even compared to the PX8 and Bathys
Between px8 and h95, what of them do you feel more “muddy”?

Dec 2, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #1,808 of 2,077
Between px8 and h95, what of them do you feel more “muddy”?
I’d not describe either as muddy (aka Sony XM series) to be honest. They’re very different and quite complementary. The H95 has more sparkle on the top end and silky smooth sub bass extension. I’d also say it has a wider soundstage and separation too. I tend to use the H95 more for periods where I want a non fatiguing easy listen at lower volumes.

However the PX8 is foot tappingly good. Just something about its presentation which makes you want to get up and dance. It’s brash and in your face but so much fun. I’d not confuse its mid bass bump as muddiness though. It’s just a different presentation.

If I could only keep one it would be have to be the PX8 though. But like the Bathys I’d not say the PX8 is better than the H95. Just another presentation which may suit some more than others.

Dec 2, 2022 at 8:13 PM Post #1,809 of 2,077
I’d not describe either as muddy (aka Sony XM series) to be honest. They’re very different and quite complementary. The H95 has more sparkle on the top end and silky smooth sub bass extension. I’d also say it has a wider soundstage and separation too. I tend to use the H95 more for periods where I want a non fatiguing easy listen at lower volumes.

However the PX8 is foot tappingly good. Just something about its presentation which makes you want to get up and dance. It’s brash and in your face but so much fun. I’d not confuse its mid bass bump as muddiness though. It’s just a different presentation.

If I could only keep one it would be have to be the PX8 though. But like the Bathys I’d not say the PX8 is better than the H95. Just another presentation which may suit some more than others.
Agreed.. I keep my h95 forever.. I never heard a bluetooth hp with a spacious and big soundstage like h95. Smooth, warm, thick with great details.

Dec 14, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #1,815 of 2,077
just got my H95...I dont see how people say its has low volume...this is like hurting volume at max! streaming from PC and phone!
Agreed, but the original comments were for tracks which are unusually quite or dynamic (quiet bit extra quiet).

One or two people were accustomed to damaging their hearing, and wanted to with these headphones. It was suggested they reign it in a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back