NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Jun 30, 2022 at 4:25 AM Post #1,651 of 2,077
Now I am really curious about the 5909. Does the BT vs Wired sound the same or is there also vast diff like the H95.

Man.. the BT sound quality vs Wire (USB C) on the H95 diff is really huge.

The sound of 5909 in wireless mode is almost identical to passive (wired) mode. And in difference with h95, you don't needing switching on the headphone for using passively, this meaning that the 5909 can functioning like normal (not BT/ANC) wired headphone.

Jun 30, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #1,652 of 2,077
For me the BT was more than acceptable when I'm on the noisy underground train or walking around in town and if I'm at my desk I plug the USB-C in, so it was fine. (I am intrigued by your comment that the BT sounds like a 128 MP3. The wired mode was a tangible improvement over BT sure, but the BT certainly wasn't unlistenable.. so I wonder if it's not a codec issue, esp since on Android you should really use the aptX options not AAC. But I'm just speculating.)

Well, not really 128mp3, wrong word used. It certainly acceptable its only when I compare with the USB C direct. Anyway, thank you so much for the information on power bank. that make sense now.

Jun 30, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #1,653 of 2,077
The sound of 5909 in wireless mode is almost identical to passive (wired) mode. And in difference with h95, you don't needing switching on the headphone for using passively, this meaning that the 5909 can functioning like normal (not BT/ANC) wired headphone.

Thank you. I am very interested now in the 5909.

Jun 30, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #1,655 of 2,077
Went out and bought Apple Airpod Max after reading their ad on distortion free. Turn out the BT connection is as grainy as H95... LOL. Well I guess I will keep the H95 after all.

I keep the H95 based solely on Sound quality. The APM bass does not goes as low and rumble like a space craft hovering on top of you, H95 excel at that. Also the soundstage of H95 is way larger than APM. H95 is like having spatial audio turn on for all type of devices and connection.

That being said the APM is more comfortable even though the cut out of H95 is smaller. The APM cups are almost 1.5x times as deep.

Jun 30, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #1,656 of 2,077
Curious - how is the sound stage of 5909 vs H95. To me the H95 soundstage is pretty large. Much more than apple airpod Max, Sony XM5.

The soundstage of the 5909 is more large than h95 and this is one aspect that immediately is evident when I comparing directly the 2 headphones, and too separating all instruments very easily. BUT, if the deep bass is very, very important for you, then maybe the 5909 isn't for you. This is why I saying that if you can trying the 5909, this is my suggestion.

Jul 1, 2022 at 8:20 AM Post #1,657 of 2,077
I am trying to get my Samsung S20 usb c to work on the H95. Its outputting too low vol (same as Samsung Tab, M11pro) - All these devices are like vol 3 using USB C vs PC. PC is really loud. If I cant get the usb C to work on the mobile device, I will return the H95. The BT SQ is not good at all. very grainy.. like playing a 128 mp3
Install UAPP from playstore. Connect your h95 with usb c cable and they automaticaly connect to UAPP. without playing the song, click volume up until max. Exit UAPP (exit, it will pop up an indicator you are exit UAPP by clicking back on your samsung). Play the song with Samsung Music. Hope this can help.
After I listened with usb cable and now I understand why these headphone so expensive. They sound better than my Hifiman edition x. Great choice.

Jul 1, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #1,659 of 2,077
Install UAPP from playstore. Connect your h95 with usb c cable and they automaticaly connect to UAPP. without playing the song, click volume up until max. Exit UAPP (exit, it will pop up an indicator you are exit UAPP by clicking back on your samsung). Play the song with Samsung Music. Hope this can help.
After I listened with usb cable and now I understand why these headphone so expensive. They sound better than my Hifiman edition x. Great choice.

wow it works.. Thank you, thank you and thank you. Connecting to phone now with full blast volume as loud as PC. No more grainy, compressed BT sound quality. This phone shines with DAC wire to the phone. I can understand now when you say it sound better than Hifiman Ed X. I used to own the ED X V2 when its first launch. I can see why you think it sound better.

Jul 1, 2022 at 11:17 PM Post #1,661 of 2,077
wow it works.. Thank you, thank you and thank you. Connecting to phone now with full blast volume as loud as PC. No more grainy, compressed BT sound quality. This phone shines with DAC wire to the phone. I can understand now when you say it sound better than Hifiman Ed X. I used to own the ED X V2 when its first launch. I can see why you think it sound better.
You're welcome bro..
Oh ya.. just remember. It will drain your samsung batt. Better you fully charge your h95 and your smartphone

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #1,662 of 2,077
wow it works.. Thank you, thank you and thank you. Connecting to phone now with full blast volume as loud as PC. No more grainy, compressed BT sound quality. This phone shines with DAC wire to the phone. I can understand now when you say it sound better than Hifiman Ed X. I used to own the ED X V2 when its first launch. I can see why you think it sound bet

My list of Bluetooth headphones-earphones (with or without ANC) and their corresponding RANK:

RANK by Sound:
1 - Dali iO6
2 - Master & Dynamic MW60 (Leica Edition)
3 - Sony WH-1000 XM3
4 - Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H7
5 - Bose QC-35
6 - Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless
7 - Master & Dynamic MW-07 Plus
8 - Bang & Olufsen Beoplay E8
9 - Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95
10 - AirPods Pro

RANK by Comfort:
1 - Bose QC-35
2 - Sony WH-1000 XM3
3 - Dali iO6
4 - Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H7
5 - Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95
6 - Master & Dynamic MW60 (Leica Edition)
7 - Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless
8 - AirPods Pro
9 - Master & Dynamic MW-07 Plus
10 - Bang & Olufsen Beoplay E8
Everyone have their own taste.. every sony's product (headphones & earphones) not for me. Too bassy..

Jul 2, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #1,663 of 2,077
You're welcome bro..
Oh ya.. just remember. It will drain your samsung batt. Better you fully charge your h95 and your smartphone
Yes i notice that too. Its suck the batt juice like 1% /min. I am thinking of getting a sony experia phone and then use my existing S20 w H95. Gonna switch while the other charge, that way continuous play all day long. I have the 1TB music on SD card lossless stuck on the phone. Even youtue sound acceptable. - Thanks bro.

Jul 2, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #1,664 of 2,077
really love the big dial volume knob on the H95 instead of the apple tiny crown vol. Good for those youtube uneven volume. I dont have to reach down tp the DAP for every songs. Also notice that if I want to tame some bass, I can aadjust the noise cancellation knob on the left and it will tame down the bass. It will reduce the bass by -1 or -2. Full control of the music.

Never thought a Noise cancelling headphone would be one of my mainstream headphone. Never thought it would be on the same league as some of the mid tier "audiophile" headphone. To be honest, the H95 tuning is what dr Fang would envision for a hifiman close ANC phone. The H95 has those Planar deep bass (very natural), zero bloat to the mids and airy high with large soundstage. I listen to the Arya and H95, their tuning more similar than diff (of course my own opinion) :) -

Users who are viewing this thread

Back